Block inlays from Fender?

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM05/Content/Fender/PR/Big-Block-Series.html

The tele looks pretty hot.

I don't know about the strat with blocks. I guess they finally started taking note of the custom market.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM05/Content/Fender/PR/Big-Block-Series.html

The tele looks pretty hot.

I don't know about the strat with blocks. I guess they finally started taking note of the custom market.

Next will be birds, moons, stars and dragons LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    JofZ wrote:
    Next will be birds, moons, stars and dragons LOL

Hopefully they will come out with a VooDoo telecaster too. I saw one of those LPs the other day... not my thing for sure.
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    House53 wrote:
    Hopefully they will come out with a VooDoo telecaster too. I saw one of those LPs the other day... not my thing for sure.

apparently it wasn't anyones thing. :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    apparently it wasn't anyones thing. :D

Society gave me hope on that one. Every once in a while I get suprised and people in general don't go for stupid stuff being marketed to them. Other times, we aren't so lucky.

I know I was guilty of listening to Ace of Base and Boyz II Men when it came out... I call that the dark ages. However, out of the dark ages came me buying the first CD I ever went to the store and waited for... Vitalogy.

Even in the darkest hour, a light is on its way. :D
    There's No Code.
  • Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fender,

Please, please, please. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fender,

It's been broke, since Leo sold it to CBS. :(
  • Honestly that strato-Tele looks amazing.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fender,

blocks have history within fender.

i think these look good.
  • I think of all the inlays the PRS birds are the nicest.

I also like some of the insane (if impractical) inlays on breed love guitars
  • Monkey ManMonkey Man Posts: 20
    After you get those block inlays, I'd suggest getting a Bigsby for it, too. Some aren't into tremelo bars, but I'm mad for 'em myself.

Plus it simply makes Teles look all the more classic.
  • I agree Monkey man, but to put a bigsby on a tele you have to drill it and live with your guitar going out of tune always.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    It's been broke, since Leo sold it to CBS. :(

I know, but the last couple years, seems like there is even more crap then ever before coming out.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
    I know, but the last couple years, seems like there is even more crap then ever before coming out.

Except for the S-1 American Deluxes. They did that right.
  • I can't complain about my Telecaster HS. I also see a ton of big bands using the 72 custom and 72 thinline tele reissues.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    I think Fender hit a homerun with all the relics and the 57 and 60 RI. Near everyone I have seen or played has been fantastic. I wish they were cheaper, but it just makes the Gibby's look like a better value LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    JofZ wrote:
    I think Fender hit a homerun with all the relics and the 57 and 60 RI. Near everyone I have seen or played has been fantastic. I wish they were cheaper, but it just makes the Gibby's look like a better value LOL

oh yeah the great mythic value of "Korina" African Mahogany. :D Ten Grand? WTF?

I wonder what Tom Murphy brings home a year. ;)