Scott Ian? Anthrax? Business Development at Digitech.........

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM05/Content/DigiTech/PR/Scott-Ian-Black-13.html

you mean Digitech, in all thier infinite wisdom have combed the world for signiture sounds and come up with Scott Ian? Anthrax? Did his Ibanez model sell all that well? This is like 15 years to late coming to the market place, aren't there better people to market at this time? It's not that he's not a good player, but this strikes me as rather odd. What's next? The George Lynch Dokkenator? CCDeville Pussy Wagon? Neil Schon Journeyman?
I wonder if they talked to Slipknot or Kerry King.

again, not knocking Ian or anything just the marketing and timing..
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM05/Content/DigiTech/PR/Scott-Ian-Black-13.html

you mean Digitech, in all thier infinite wisdom have combed the world for signiture sounds and come up with Scott Ian? Anthrax? Did his Ibanez model sell all that well? This is like 15 years to late coming to the market place, aren't there better people to market at this time? It's not that he's not a good player, but this strikes me as rather odd. What's next? The George Lynch Dokkenator? CCDeville Pussy Wagon? Neil Schon Journeyman?
    I wonder if they talked to Slipknot or Kerry King.

again, not knocking Ian or anything just the marketing and timing..

Maybe they will sponsor a reality TV show :)
    I think many are taking a gamble that the 80s sees a revival in the upcoming years like the 70s did in the early to mid 90s. I for one hope it never happens again, once was enough LOL
    I think it was the worse era for tone ever.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    i didnt know he had an ibanez deal,but just recently his guitar from washburn hit the market.

i think it was washburn.

personally,while i wont buy one of these products,i think anthrax was one of the better of the thrasher bands that came out,and never really got their due....so i'm glad he is getting some recognition.

i'm not too happy with them getting that pussy singer back into the fold,but it seems alot of people are.