check out the guitars at this site!

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
drool here X

http://www.rumbleseatmusic.com/

the 1963 Strat is exactly what I want save a few upgrades.

anyone want to give me 23 thousand?
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i found a couple strats and teles i woudn't mind picking up if i happen to win the lottery.

nice site Paco...doesn't make saving up for an SG Standard look so bad :)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    i found a couple strats and teles i woudn't mind picking up if i happen to win the lottery.

nice site Paco...doesn't make saving up for an SG Standard look so bad :)

no kidding. It sucks having to settle I guess, I'm still kind of scared to build what I want myself. It's funny finding tone though. I know I'm a strat guy, I know I'm a 335 guy and I know a good amp when I hear it. It's just that everything I want is ridiculously expensive. Yeah, so maybe I'm a vanilla guy, I just get goose bumps when I hear a good single coil through a fuzz and a vibe. I'm such a sucker for sunburst, all that and then house has to go and introduce me to a beautiful oxblood les paul.

and then there's the J160E.....
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • if i could have any guitar on the site it would be the 54 sunburst strat. Damn...i couldn't imagine owning that...i'd have to drop out of school and call in sick to work everyday just so i could spend as much time possible with that baby.

I don't really look at saving for a guitar as "settling" though...i mean, it's not really settling as much as being realistic. Shit...a $1200 guitar is far from settling when you're workin with my budget :)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • mmmm telecasters..

disapointing that under the section with a picture of a Sitar they didn't have a Sitar listed :(
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • BriansGMCBriansGMC Posts: 33
    I would have a hard time picking between the 1979 Tele Custom and 1978 Gibson RD Standard. I would love to own either.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    If I had $2K sitting around, I would own:

http://www.rumbleseatmusic.com/pix/94telejrtvyellow.jpg

Fuck me and call me Fralin... gorgeous...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    If I had $2K sitting around, I would own:

http://www.rumbleseatmusic.com/pix/94telejrtvyellow.jpg

Fuck me and call me Fralin... gorgeous...

saw that too. Image that through a bassman.....wow.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    saw that too. Image that through a bassman.....wow.

Or how about a cranked Twin Reverb.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Rumbleseat has a great selection and a terrible attitude ;)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Yup,,,, if I'd known then what I know now! :mad:

I can't tell you how many of those Fenders I've had and changed, lost, given away, sold for what I paid for them,,,, or less than I paid for them,,,,(I think Youthinkyou'reold has an old strat of mine!! )

Oh well!

I like that 63 strat, too, paco. :cool:

I also like the Zemaitis Disc Front in the "other cool guitars" section. Ronnie Wood gets a helluva tone out of those things!

For acoustic,,,, check this out!:

The 1833 Martin on the front page!
    http://www.mandoweb.com/

I think that thing's worth over a thousand dollars! :D
    Mandolin Brothers is my favorite guitar store around.

They also have a beeeeeeautiful perfect original Deluxe Reverb '65 in there for $2400. I saw it a couple of weeks ago, when we went to drool over the Martin.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

I can't tell you how many of those Fenders I've had and changed, lost, given away, sold for what I paid for them,,,, or less than I paid for them,,,,(I think Youthinkyou'reold has an old strat of mine!! )

Oh well!

I like that 63 strat, too, paco. :cool:

I also like the Zemaitis Disc Front in the "other cool guitars" section. Ronnie Wood gets a helluva tone out of those things!

For acoustic,,,, check this out!:

The 1833 Martin on the front page!
    http://www.mandoweb.com/

I think that thing's worth over a thousand dollars! :D
    Mandolin Brothers is my favorite guitar store around.

They also have a beeeeeeautiful perfect original Deluxe Reverb '65 in there for $2400. I saw it a couple of weeks ago, when we went to drool over the Martin.

I can't even think about acoustics right now. I have to keep my eyes on the prize. I'm going to write callaham and see if he'll bend a little bit and let me have locking klusons in the strat set.

I think I may get the hardware and maybe let callaham wire the PG for me.

http://www.callahamguitars.com/ It'd end up being 550 roughly for that part and oh say 450 - 600 for the body and neck painted. But man if I get it toegther right is it ever going to smoke. I could always sell the blues bridge with the base plate if he won' t do it and wire in my own HDS90.

We'll see. I don't know if I really need to have someone else wire my stuff but I don't have a cryo dipper either.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    I can't even think about acoustics right now. I have to keep my eyes on the prize. I'm going to write callaham and see if he'll bend a little bit and let me have locking klusons in the strat set.

:D

*The dream sequence voice from the floating translucent lady in flowing clothes*

Paaaaaaacoooo,,,,, for that kind of money he bettttttterrrrrr!

Paaaaaacooooooo,,,,, Deluuuuuxe coooooooobaaaaalllt Sssssss Onnnnnne swwwwitchinnnnnngggg!,,,,,,Lockinnnnnngg tunnnnerssss ,,,,, niiiiiicccccee fretwooork!

Tellllll Bobbbbb I saaaiiiiddd Hiiiiiii!

:D:D

Cheers man!
    Be kind, man

*The dream sequence voice from the floating translucent lady in flowing clothes*

Paaaaaaacoooo,,,,, for that kind of money he bettttttterrrrrr!

Paaaaaacooooooo,,,,, Deluuuuuxe coooooooobaaaaalllt Sssssss Onnnnnne swwwwitchinnnnnngggg!,,,,,,Lockinnnnnngg tunnnnerssss ,,,,, niiiiiicccccee fretwooork!

Tellllll Bobbbbb I saaaiiiiddd Hiiiiiii!

:D:D

Cheers man!

*meatwad* "Yes You Did" "Yes YOU DID" :D ha. ha.

Yeah, back to square one. 1050 for the Fender American Deluxes. that's no problem and I love them as I play them incessently in the stores, but I'm just looking for something with personality you know, a little mojo. The S-1 system may be the best thing fenders come up with in 20 years.

I just sigh every time I see a real nitro sunburst strat, like we were meant to be.

I don't know why I'm even debating this, I've been flogging the heck out of my roomies Mexi sunburst strat for the last 6 months.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    why not an american vintage 62 strat??

you get the nitro etc....

*ducks*...

then, upgrade it over time.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Yeah, back to square one. 1050 for the Fender American Deluxes. that's no problem and I love them as I play them incessently in the stores, but I'm just looking for something with personality you know, a little mojo. The S-1 system may be the best thing fenders come up with in 20 years.

Yup, I agree about the S1. I haven't even taken mine apart yet to see the wiring,,, which is weird for me! But next string change I'll yank off the pickguard and see what's up.
    I STILL think you can do it, Paco. What better mojo than to put together the one you want yourself! :cool:. It really isn't that hard! I still haven't put any type of shop in at my place,,,but hell, if you're ever up this way,,, I'm sure with a couple of Leffes, we can put some sort of axe together for you! :D
    Be kind, man
    I STILL think you can do it, Paco. What better mojo than to put together the one you want yourself! :cool:. It really isn't that hard! I still haven't put any type of shop in at my place,,,but hell, if you're ever up this way,,, I'm sure with a couple of Leffes, we can put some sort of axe together for you! :D

My buddy keeps trying to talk me into coming up for the Pearl Jam show soon. I think we might do that. There is definately something to putting it toegther ones self. The Paulocaster. :D Ultimate Blues Machine. The S1's would be noiseless though and the lockers are there and the thing is put toegther and all it lacks is nitro, a lacquer on the neck and what not. Fat Sound has a 1960 NOS used for $1499. All I'd need is a mint green guard the pickups I want, clay dots, lockers redo the switching and someone to blow smoke on it for 20 years.
    exhausted wrote:
    why not an american vintage 62 strat??

you get the nitro etc....

*ducks*...

then, upgrade it over time.

Yeah the 62 is exactly the look I'm going for, I'm not sold on those pups and for almost $1400 I'm almost into Grosh, Suhr, custom shop used level.
    those are better options than the nash parts thing though and you were going to drop $1700 on that.
    exhausted wrote:
    those are better options than the nash parts thing though and you were going to drop $1700 on that.

yeah, the fact of the matter is, what I actually do want is custom and the closest thing too it at the right price is the American Deluxe. I've been talking myself out of it for a year ok maybe 5. The specs are damn close anyway and the trade offs are minimal. I'm mainly giving up cosmetics and some wood quality. I can always pull the guard and the parts and put in new stuff eventually. $1100 is what the parts are going to cost and it'll be impossible to resell if it's not what I want. I may build one, but just not go all crazy on the first one. Maybe a carvin body and neck and then I'll experiment from there.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah, the fact of the matter is, what I actually do want is custom and the closest thing too it at the right price is the American Deluxe. I've been talking myself out of it for a year ok maybe 5. The specs are damn close anyway and the trade offs are minimal. I'm mainly giving up cosmetics and some wood quality. I can always pull the guard and the parts and put in new stuff eventually. $1100 is what the parts are going to cost and it'll be impossible to resell if it's not what I want. I may build one, but just not go all crazy on the first one. Maybe a carvin body and neck and then I'll experiment from there.

check this out. wow. nifty wiring.

http://www.guitartechcraig.com/techwire/tech01.jpg

edit:

this is the one i'm using for the new strat. it's a nice little addition to have neck/bridge and all three on hand.

http://www.guitar-mod.com/blender.gif
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I may build one, but just not go all crazy on the first one. Maybe a carvin body and neck and then I'll experiment from there.

Why not just get a Mexi Standard off fleaBay and build a Fralin/HD pickguard for it? Then down the line you can upgrade the guitar and flop in the p'guard. The American Deluxe ain't a bad option, I've already sung praises for the SCN pups. Or how about the Eric Johnson sig.? If all else fails, John Mayer has a new signature model...
  • Why not just get a Mexi Standard off fleaBay and build a Fralin/HD pickguard for it? Then down the line you can upgrade the guitar and flop in the p'guard. The American Deluxe ain't a bad option, I've already sung praises for the SCN pups. Or how about the Eric Johnson sig.? If all else fails, John Mayer has a new signature model...

Should we all just go get Paco, take him to Middletown Music in Delaware, make him buy a deluxe tax free, and he can buy us all beers at the Brewhaus after, to thank us for helping him make a decision? :D:D

Or!!!!:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7340009240&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

That's a helluva nice G&L guitar, a little wear, three humbuckers, 4 bolt neck. Take the buckers out and put in your Fralin combo and switches and you may have something. Ash body, gun oil maple neck, a little fret wear and some dings, but the perfect launching pad for your set up.
    That guitar'll probably go off for around $500.
    If you don't want it, I know somebody that will! ;)
    Be kind, man