guys looking for noisless strat pickups

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
This is a hell of a deal on KINMAN's.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=867267#post867267

155 shipped. Less than half price.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    cool. i had a look at them whilst shopping.

i went with the grails though. quite nice.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    cool. i had a look at them whilst shopping.

i went with the grails though. quite nice.

did you, nice. No harsh high end right?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    nope. pretty smooth.

i've wired it with master volume, master tone so i can roll off the tone just slightly and really smooth out the bridge. and i put in a blender to get neck/bridge and 3 on as well.

they have a slight, slight buzz in them, just a hair more than the duncans but that may be my quick and dirty soldering job. only noticeable with fairly big gain.

i'll post pics once it's complete. it's only rough wired right now with the old parts to test. i'm waiting for a new wiring kit for it. it's a black, 95 am std with rosewood. not exciting really but to me it is because it's an exactly replica of my first guitar, down to the year.
    how do you like the blender? I like that Idea a lot, but I'd like to be able to blend in the neck and middle not just the neck
    it's great. but i need to get a linear pot for it. audio, of course, just cranks it on right at the end.

i think there are variations but i haven't figured them out yet.

so right now, i can.

1: neck (blend in bridge)
    2: neck/middle (blend in bridge)
    3: middle
    4: middle/bridge (blend in neck)
    5: bridge (blend in neck)

if the blender is all the way up, 1 and 5 are the same, and 2 and 4 are the same.

thus, the need for a linear pot to maximize the usefullness.

i love neck/bridge so i'm happy.
    Thought you might like to know your pedal is on it's way back to Canada tomorrow. BC.

Who knew the Canucks would love Keeley so much?
  • "Who knew the Canucks would love Keeley so much?"

huh?
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
    "Who knew the Canucks would love Keeley so much?"

huh?

The blues driver I bought from Ex in Alberta is being shipped tomorrow to BC.

So it kind of went around it's ass to get to its thumb eh?
    you need to hear the neck position on this thing. it's that perfect throaty growl thing soling out of the 12th fret overdriven. it's perfect. better than my '00 strat.

and the chunk of rosewood is nicer. it's also 100x nicer than my original '95s neck. brilliant.