This may be a good one for Fender Amp Owners.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2005/MB-1.html

looks similar to the concept of the Way Huge Tone Leper.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sounds great.. except for... MSRP: $224.95

actually i play a fender amp and ive never needed that boost. i just click the overdrive footswitch
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Why would you want to boost a fender amp - like going deaf much?
    walk the bridges before you burn them down...
  • lezcufflezcuff Posts: 46
    I play thru a Fender Blues Deluxe which has a lovely warm sound but absolutely ZERO crunch. I played a similar amp in a guitar store the other day and the difference was remarkable. I got just a little depressed about it. I guess it's some repairs and some new tubes for me.

In my role as sound guy, it's hard enough to get a balanced sound and reign everyone in to make a blended mix. Everyone turns up after the sound check (those bastards). All I need is to have yet another variable that can thwart the mix. Grr.

Dance and Sing along with Shed Devils at http://www.sheddevils.com/
  • lezcuff wrote:
    I play thru a Fender Blues Deluxe which has a lovely warm sound but absolutely ZERO crunch. I played a similar amp in a guitar store the other day and the difference was remarkable. I got just a little depressed about it. I guess it's some repairs and some new tubes for me.

In my role as sound guy, it's hard enough to get a balanced sound and reign everyone in to make a blended mix. Everyone turns up after the sound check (those bastards). All I need is to have yet another variable that can thwart the mix. Grr.

I was WONDERING what a sound guy would say after reading the description!! :D

I used to just take an overdrive and boost the midrange and volume, or find that sweet spot on a Wah for a solo. Hell, that was even before the TS9 was invented!,, Then I really liked the mid boost on the older Mesa Boogies, so this pedal isn't anything new,,,
    BUT it might help boost just midrange without blasting the volume too much in order to cut through.

I guess if it gets too loud,,,Lezcuff'll be pressing the suck button! :D:D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

My sound guy opinion is that any guitar player should control their own dynamics. If you need to pop on a boost pedal, do it. I hate riding faders for guitar solos (speaking as a guitar player who can control my own dynamics). I'll bet Angus Young's FOH engineer doesn't bump a fader for him when he lays into it...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • My sound guy opinion is that any guitar player should control their own dynamics. If you need to pop on a boost pedal, do it. I hate riding faders for guitar solos (speaking as a guitar player who can control my own dynamics). I'll bet Angus Young's FOH engineer doesn't bump a fader for him when he lays into it...

That's very true. The guitar player should control his stuff, but have respect for the sound engineer and the venue. The engineer is one of the most important people in the room, live, and is part of the band! :cool: I guess it makes a bigger difference in club venues where that big ass amp can overpower the room, and the adrenaline's running high during a solo!
    Bigger venues, I used to be running on 7 or 8 on the volume on a 160 watt Boogie and STILL not hear the amp. So there's more room to crank things in a hall or outside!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart