Alright everybody sit down.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I actually purchased a guitar. 3 tone nitro burst with the vintage tint neck as well.

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0100100806

Proud new Daddy. I'll post pics sometime soon

1962 American Vintage. Absolutely perfect with all the case candy for about $400 less than new. 4 months old. Now all that's left is to put on lockers and get the Fralin Blues and Super 90 +blender pot and volume roll off goodies installed.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    *faints*

now i can quit playing. all the pieces are in place!!

now you can trade it to house next week. :D
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Wow, congrats man. How long has this been in the planning?
    moster78 wrote:
    Wow, congrats man. How long has this been in the planning?

you don't understand. this is like chinese democracy. we thought it would never happen!!! :D

paco's gonna leave us now because he'll be playing all hours of the day.
  • finally

its been like what 4 months for u looking?

i think i actually recommended this, maybe not

but yeah congrats man!!!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    ha ha. the gibson's days are numbered I know. Now I really need to sell the extra stuff for parts, I assume much will be going out in the coming days.

I cannot tell you how cool this thing is. It's big and boomy, and I know I could go a lot bigger on the neck and still be happy, so I don't forsee ever selling this thing, but the Gibby's days are likely numbered. The amps are crowding the room as well. I just love staring at this thing knowing it will age like it's forbears.

Hail Hail, about 5 years actually.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Well, slap me and call me Susan...

Nice work, Paco. Almost makes me want to pick up a Squier just to steal those '62 pups off ya. But the Fralin/S-90 combo will treat you well. You're definitely gonna have to keep us posted on this.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Well, slap me and call me Susan...

Nice work, Paco. Almost makes me want to pick up a Squier just to steal those '62 pups off ya. But the Fralin/S-90 combo will treat you well. You're definitely gonna have to keep us posted on this.

shit pac. your news was so startling you drug MIG out of hiding!

nice work, you lucky bastard!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Congrats,

I am looking forward to the pics!

Does it have a gun oil finish on the neck?
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • sj_2150sj_2150 Posts: 275
    exhausted wrote:
    you don't understand. this is like chinese democracy. we thought it would never happen!!! :D

paco's gonna leave us now because he'll be playing all hours of the day.
    thats how i felt with my bass. its a washburn rb2500, it was 1500. i saw it ages ago and said to myself "i want that bass, its the best thing ive ever seen" so i went to get a yamaha bass and i saw the washburn on sale for 800. it was the best feeling ever
    I wish my grass was emo... so then it would cut itself
    http://www.soundclick.com/Arcticangel
    http://www.soundclick.com/Armadillo
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    ha ha. the gibson's days are numbered I know. Now I really need to sell the extra stuff for parts, I assume much will be going out in the coming days.

I cannot tell you how cool this thing is. It's big and boomy, and I know I could go a lot bigger on the neck and still be happy, so I don't forsee ever selling this thing, but the Gibby's days are likely numbered. The amps are crowding the room as well. I just love staring at this thing knowing it will age like it's forbears.

Hail Hail, about 5 years actually.

And your back will thank you future Ex Gibson man!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
    Well, slap me and call me Susan...

yeah, the DL4, the Fender Ultimate Chorus the Peavy Bass Amp the 87 Les Paul The Direct Drive all going for crazy clearance prices soon, then I'll sell the 57/62's and decide whether I want Callaham to cryo dip the Fralins or just get them from Acme, It's really not that much to get them to wire everything like I want I think maybe $257 including all the pups (this is with 3 fralins, I'm sure they can leave a slot out and the S90 is actually cheaper than the fralins I think) Blender wiring, 5 way switching and 5 tremolo springs. YAY!

To give you a hint on how much this guy played....all the case candy was there, the strap was still rubber banded, the cleaning cloth was wrapped up and the tremolo bar hole was still covered with the sticker. I don't know other than to get it set up, the guy even cracked, the beautiful brown tolex and leather G&G case.

It's not just Chinese Democracy! I actually freaking bought one :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Stratocaster-62-Reissue-Burst-Clean-w-Case_W0QQitemZ7381697838QQcategoryZ47069QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is it, I actually paid $1000 even. So the damned 70 dollars of sales tax yeah but that's not a big deal.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Add another Strat man to the list. Nice purchase, enjoy.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    puremagic wrote:

Thanks C, the proshop I bought from was actually closed when I bought it, they re opened for me, so after 3 seconds or so in a DR Z mini Z I bought it, trucked up to Guitar Center and jammed on their Super and Deluxe reverbs because I'm still waiting for tubes here, and then a guy comes up to me and goes....I wanna learn to play like that, I smiled and said, yeah it's nice to be average, then he asked me to help him pick out a guitar. I love to play, but I also love seeing and helping people who don't know how yet get excited and learn something new, The guy bought a Digi02 a Wah and the little Les Paul Special I picked out for him, I bet It gets tracked within the week. :D.
  • THE END IS NEAR.

Congrats man! I can't believe you actually pulled the trigger on this one. It's good to see that you were able to stay the course, and eventually get exactly what you want. Enjoy.
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Thanks C, the proshop I bought from was actually closed when I bought it, they re opened for me, so after 3 seconds or so in a DR Z mini Z I bought it, trucked up to Guitar Center and jammed on their Super and Deluxe reverbs because I'm still waiting for tubes here, and then a guy comes up to me and goes....I wanna learn to play like that, I smiled and said, yeah it's nice to be average, then he asked me to help him pick out a guitar. I love to play, but I also love seeing and helping people who don't know how yet get excited and learn something new, The guy bought a Digi02 a Wah and the little Les Paul Special I picked out for him, I bet It gets tracked within the week. :D.

wait a fukin' minute, pac!
    you mean to tell lme
    the guy didn't know how to play, but he bought a digi02 !?!
    man, i know i make some extravagant purchases,
    but that just seems overboard!

&btw to the guy who said your back will be thanking you for ditching the gibson,
    i just wanna let it be known that i fucking love my 10lb beast ...
    i feel truly rooted, grounded, earthed ... what ever you wanna call it ...
    when i pick up my old epi, i almost feel naked ... it's just not right.
    the wait keeps me centered, i guess. i love it. so thpppptttt.

either way, congratulations again, waitin' for pics.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
    maybe the dude was a whiz on other instruments.
    wait a fukin' minute, pac!
    you mean to tell lme
    the guy didn't know how to play, but he bought a digi02 !?!
    man, i know i make some extravagant purchases,
    but that just seems overboard!

&btw to the guy who said your back will be thanking you for ditching the gibson,
    i just wanna let it be known that i fucking love my 10lb beast ...
    i feel truly rooted, grounded, earthed ... what ever you wanna call it ...
    when i pick up my old epi, i almost feel naked ... it's just not right.
    the wait keeps me centered, i guess. i love it. so thpppptttt.

either way, congratulations again, waitin' for pics.

There's an Ebay pic above.

The guy was a producer, Keys player, organs, synth beat box guy. Most studio folks love to be able to play a little guitar, Dre from Outkast used to come in and strum around all the time, later on you see him playing on Hey Ya. Everyone wants to play guitar. :D
  • [size=+4]And so it came to a happy and joyful end after all, the glorious tale of the adventurous and seemingly infinite quest of a young man for his holy axe.[/size]

Congrats dude! Finally!
  • Congrats Pac! Let us know when and what items you are likely to be selling off....might be interested!
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
    Congrats Pac! Let us know when and what items you are likely to be selling off....might be interested!

Thanks, they are above in the thread if you're interested, I'm pretty much just blowing everything out very cheaply.

P dubs to bad we can't scroll that like Star Wars.
    :)
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    I leave town for one day and the world gets turned upside down!! :D

Congratulations on that. Very cool. I know you will enjoy it too, you put a lot of work, time and effort into the search.

Very cool. Pushes my news to the back page... lol.

Enjoy it and may it serve you well.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    I leave town for one day and the world gets turned upside down!! :D

Congratulations on that. Very cool. I know you will enjoy it too, you put a lot of work, time and effort into the search.

Very cool. Pushes my news to the back page... lol.

Enjoy it and may it serve you well.

what news what's up?

Sometimes you have to pull the trigger I think. I spend too much time worrying about perfection, once this gets into its pacoocaster form with the blender and the lockers and pickups it will be as good as one can do for the money. I really bet those wildwood 10's are some of the best created after holding mine last night. Regardless, I just love opening the case and seeing it there, I need need need a band now. Spare time will now be devoted to getting better, writing, and working on my radio gig.
  • puremagic wrote:

Wow!!

Two momentous events!
    Paco buys a Strat :cool:
    And Puremagic shows up! :cool:

Congratulations on finding a nice '62! Acme does a great job on the pickguard full of Fralins, too. You'll like their stuff.

Then you can start thinking about what you're trading it in for! :D

Enjoy, man!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

New item in bound... I will talk about it when it arrives and before it leaves... lol :D

Actually though: This is my last transaction of the year.

So, it is a major shift in the universe... I am stopping trading and you have found your Strat.

What will we all talk about on here?!?!?! :D
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    what news what's up?

New item in bound... I will talk about it when it arrives and before it leaves... lol :D

Actually though: This is my last transaction of the year.

So, it is a major shift in the universe... I am stopping trading and you have found your Strat.

What will we all talk about on here?!?!?! :D

well, I now have a quandry. Too much stuff, with the desire to get new and different stuff. :D You have me loving big neck guitars so I'm ISO hollow keef teles or other hollowbodies with huge honking necks, to consider after I sell the LP, or spend that money on pups, and get a fuzz and new overdrive like the Skreddy Skrew Driver or the Diabolical Gristle Tone Manipulator and some kind of Treble Boost. Believe me, I'll never stop dreaming.

speaking of which. LentZ and DOOZiES.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=125222
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    House53 wrote:
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    what news what's up?

well, I now have a quandry. Too much stuff, with the desire to get new and different stuff. :D You have me loving big neck guitars so I'm ISO hollow keef teles or other hollowbodies with huge honking necks, to consider after I sell the LP, or spend that money on pups, and get a fuzz and new overdrive like the Skreddy Skrew Driver or the Diabolical Gristle Tone Manipulator and some kind of Treble Boost. Believe me, I'll never stop dreaming.

speaking of which. LentZ and DOOZiES.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=125222

I saw that thread... pretty cool stuff. That Lentz would be nice no doubt... the doozies look great too.

I was close to deciding on a black starplayer, but not being able to play one turned me away.

The new guitar (there's a hint) should be here early next week. The telesonic sold locally...
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    House53 wrote:

I saw that thread... pretty cool stuff. That Lentz would be nice no doubt... the doozies look great too.

I was close to deciding on a black starplayer, but not being able to play one turned me away.

The new guitar (there's a hint) should be here early next week. The telesonic sold locally...

ah good. It's a good unit no doubt, It's just not what I'm looking for I think. I need a big fat hollowbody blues machine so I can pretend I'm bb king.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    House53 wrote:
    Pacomc79 wrote:

ah good. It's a good unit no doubt, It's just not what I'm looking for I think. I need a big fat hollowbody blues machine so I can pretend I'm bb king.

You should approve of what I have arriving early next week then...
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    House53 wrote:

You should approve of what I have arriving early next week then...

Oh I'm sure I will. should we play guess the Keytar?
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    House53 wrote:
    Pacomc79 wrote:

Oh I'm sure I will. should we play guess the Keytar?

I thought we were playing already... lol.

It's not a keytar. ;)
    There's No Code.