some one buy me one of these please.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.gbase.com/Powered/GearDetails.aspx?Dealer=e95fb5bb-5f44-4c79-9266-116b0af6a0b9&Item=800381

and then pass one on to Mike. I tend to wonder why they don't have a house full of these little types of gems.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    I'll buy you that if you get me the Hiwatt... that's a good deal.
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    House53 wrote:
    I'll buy you that if you get me the Hiwatt... that's a good deal.

yeah sounds like a fair trade :D.

How about I give you my Ultimate Chorus and.........and a beautiful Peavy Basic 50. and you buy me that landgraff ? :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    I think that pedal is in a different stratosphere. I have heard clips, seen it and thought OK, now what am I supposed to really think?
    In all honesty, I didn't think it was worth 400 bones. I have heard many overdrive pedals that were just as good for a fraction of the price. There was a great long thread at GP that identified a clone that was spot on and a fraction of the cost.
    Personally I think you are better off taking a good long hard look at your amp and axe before plopping 400 bones for a pedal.
    The Clay OD is one to look at and if you like expensive one trick ponies why not just buy a Klon?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    JofZ wrote:
    I think that pedal is in a different stratosphere. I have heard clips, seen it and thought OK, now what am I supposed to really think?
    In all honesty, I didn't think it was worth 400 bones. I have heard many overdrive pedals that were just as good for a fraction of the price. There was a great long thread at GP that identified a clone that was spot on and a fraction of the cost.
    Personally I think you are better off taking a good long hard look at your amp and axe before plopping 400 bones for a pedal.
    The Clay OD is one to look at and if you like expensive one trick ponies why not just buy a Klon?

shhhh... he is going to buy me a Hiwatt Mk II... don't screw this up... :D
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    JofZ wrote:

I probably won't ever buy it. in all honesty it's still a 4558D designed pedal seeing the insides, but it's got all the goodness there and it's well built. Tripps uses much of the same stuff. The Way Huge Red Llama is one of the best ever created. I'm interested to see what BJ does because he dosen't use OP amps I don't think.

I think the eternity is probably every bit as good. Still it's an awesome overdrive. If I was independantly wealthy and a touring pro, I'd have a few.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I probably won't ever buy it. in all honesty it's still a 4558D designed pedal seeing the insides, but it's got all the goodness there and it's well built. Tripps uses much of the same stuff. The Way Huge Red Llama is one of the best ever created. I'm interested to see what BJ does because he dosen't use OP amps I don't think.

I think the eternity is probably every bit as good. Still it's an awesome overdrive. If I was independantly wealthy and a touring pro, I'd have a few.

Like you said it is a 4558D chip just like so many others. BJs TS is not 4558 based, but there are a couple chip alternatives.
    The eternity ships with 2 chips, 1 4558 and 1 that is a bit hotter. Too many alternatives for less money with a better build quality IMO then the Landgraff, but I think he has sold a couple hundred so who knows.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board