Egdm Is Here!!!!

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
all the way from Finland.

and you guys are green with envy. :D

This thing should be called the Emerald Green DYNAMIC machine.

Holy Smoke.

I really need to get some clips out to you guys.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• you better get clips because i've no clue what you're talking about.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • you better get clips because i've no clue what you're talking about.

There is a distortion box by EGDM that is supposed to be legendary and amazing in sound....damn pac i want clips now, as well as shannan phaser sound clips from MIG :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • How much did you pay for it?

And stop buying nice things! And letting people know about it! Now I want something nice too!
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
  • SquidgeSquidge Posts: 145
    How much money do you people have man?? All i see is 'I'm getting this guitar' or 'i can't decide between the SG expensivo and the LP special cost-a-lot' :D

Don't mind me, i am just green with envy. I still like to read about all the purchases you guys make. It always leads to me wanting to turn to a life of crime. Crime may not pay, but it may just buy me an American ash tele. :D:D:D
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    280.00 US.

I bought it from Snake Oil Strings guru Dean Farley but I think BJ's home site is http://www.custom-sounds.com

He builds these and the mad professor amps.

This is it.

http://www.custom-sounds.com/epages/customsounds.filereader?4305ce410161cfd02741d94dcd010620+EN/products/12004
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    yes. yes you do need to get clips out.
    I don't have a site to post but I'll punch some up on the 532 and then maybe I can e-mail them or something.

you just can't believe the dynamics.
    i can host them. i have shitloads of webspace.
    exhausted wrote:
    i can host them. i have shitloads of webspace.

okie, I'll send you Dave's Uniphase clips too.
    g.snell(at)telus.net
    without trying to compare too much to anything else, this thing just has a lot of clarity, life to it, a delicate compression it is very british but that's what I'm starting with BJ says class A brit, that's what I have and I believe it, it's extremely loud. I wanted to see the circuit but it's covered up and I'll respect BJ's privacy.

The trouble is I want to leave it on all the time and kick in the OD to push it for solos, This is a canidate for the TIP 3H obviously like any good pedal it cleans up well when you crank down the volume but adjusting the dist mid song is pretty tough to get the signal cleaner.

Descriptions suck. I'm out of town the next 5 days after that I'll post clips.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    sounds like a winner.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    sounds like a winner.

Big winner, I'm keeping this one and speculating on it.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    It is basically a VOX in a BOX, hence the name emerald green aka British racing green. Every Bjorn box has a theme and goal and what sets them apart is the fact they aren't one trick ponies. Most of the good stuff can be found be stacking his pedals. The EGDM is a higher gain OD pedal and is great for lead, blues and a ton of rock riffs. Think Rory Gallagher Irish Tour if you want to hear a clip, seriously listen to the opening intro to that live album and that is it. If you run the pedal into a black face amp with a boost you will nail a vintage Vox amp.

BJ has been surprised by how popular it got, I think he is up to 75 now. He has some new stuff coming out and he is light years ahead of anyone making stomp boxes. You are listenting to 20 years of R&D, and my first conversation with the man lasted almost 2 hours. He has more knowledge about batteries then anyone I know :)

Dean is his number 1 US retailer and he can fill just about any order given you have paitence.
    The prices through Dean typically flucuate depending on how strong the Euro is. But prepare for around $275 a pedal, not cheap, but I promise you a BJ pedal will never be resold once you own it.

I currently own the following BJ pedals, so feel free to ask me about any of them and I will do my best to compare them to some other popular ones.

Little Green Wonder
    Emerald Green
    Sea Blue Eq
    Honey Bee
    Red Rooster Booster
    Candy Apple Fuzz aka Sunburst Fuzz custom
    Purple Plum Phaser custom
    Pale Green Comp on order
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    JofZ wrote:
    It is basically a VOX in a BOX, hence the name emerald green aka British racing green. Every Bjorn box has a theme and goal and what sets them apart is the fact they aren't one trick ponies. Most of the good stuff can be found be stacking his pedals. The EGDM is a higher gain OD pedal and is great for lead, blues and a ton of rock riffs. Think Rory Gallagher Irish Tour if you want to hear a clip, seriously listen to the opening intro to that live album and that is it. If you run the pedal into a black face amp with a boost you will nail a vintage Vox amp.

BJ has been surprised by how popular it got, I think he is up to 75 now. He has some new stuff coming out and he is light years ahead of anyone making stomp boxes. You are listenting to 20 years of R&D, and my first conversation with the man lasted almost 2 hours. He has more knowledge about batteries then anyone I know :)

Dean is his number 1 US retailer and he can fill just about any order given you have paitence.
    The prices through Dean typically flucuate depending on how strong the Euro is. But prepare for around $275 a pedal, not cheap, but I promise you a BJ pedal will never be resold once you own it.

I currently own the following BJ pedals, so feel free to ask me about any of them and I will do my best to compare them to some other popular ones.

Little Green Wonder
    Emerald Green
    Sea Blue Eq
    Honey Bee
    Red Rooster Booster
    Candy Apple Fuzz aka Sunburst Fuzz custom
    Purple Plum Phaser custom
    Pale Green Comp on order

I can't tell you how happy I am with the trade. I definately want more at some point. The Baby Blue, Honey Bee, LGW and PPF are on my list of things to look for.

I'd really like to converse with BJ some day too. I have #75
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I can't tell you how happy I am with the trade. I definately want more at some point. The Baby Blue, Honey Bee, LGW and PPF are on my list of things to look for.

I'd really like to converse with BJ some day too. I have #75

That is sick! You have the last one he has made :)
    The Honey Bee should be your next one, it is made for the blues, think of a Supro or any small vintage amp cranked. It gives you soft medium overdrive that just makes everything sound better. The colors really describe the tone, and there is magic in every one.
    What settings are you digging on the EG? Have you stacked it with anything yet? Try it with a fuzz box :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    JofZ wrote:
    That is sick! You have the last one he has made :)
    The Honey Bee should be your next one, it is made for the blues, think of a Supro or any small vintage amp cranked. It gives you soft medium overdrive that just makes everything sound better. The colors really describe the tone, and there is magic in every one.
    What settings are you digging on the EG? Have you stacked it with anything yet? Try it with a fuzz box :)

stacked with the DD.

I like the Volume at maybe 11 or 12, voice at 11 or 12 and Dist at 3 or 4 o clock.

I got home and the block was clear so I turned off the attenuator. My initial reaction was not unlike Bill Cosby's 200 MPH (I was Idling, ladies and gentlemen, I was Idling and it was killing people) :D

It is insanely loud. I played Hey Joe for half an hour with extended solos.

This was on a mexican strat.

Then I pull out the LP and bust some Zep Riffs. awesome. I bet it would kill with a treble booster in front speaking of vox......
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    stacked with the DD.

I like the Volume at maybe 11 or 12, voice at 11 or 12 and Dist at 3 or 4 o clock.

I got home and the block was clear so I turned off the attenuator. My initial reaction was not unlike Bill Cosby's 200 MPH (I was Idling, ladies and gentlemen, I was Idling and it was killing people) :D

It is insanely loud. I played Hey Joe for half an hour with extended solos.

This was on a mexican strat.

Then I pull out the LP and bust some Zep Riffs. awesome. I bet it would kill with a treble booster in front speaking of vox......

Oh yeah it is a loud pedal :), but you can back off the vol with your axe and still keep your gain up. I like the LP humbucker tones better, especially Zep stuff :) It is just a great pedal and you will find all sorts of stuff in there, May, Richards and Gallagher are in there for sure.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    Oh yeah it is a loud pedal :), but you can back off the vol with your axe and still keep your gain up. I like the LP humbucker tones better, especially Zep stuff :) It is just a great pedal and you will find all sorts of stuff in there, May, Richards and Gallagher are in there for sure.

I'm just kind of tired of my Les Paul and the 490's. I think I might just list it on Ebay for 450 or 500 and see what I can get.

I'd love to get some kind of hollowbody with some voodoo 59's
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I'm just kind of tired of my Les Paul and the 490's. I think I might just list it on Ebay for 450 or 500 and see what I can get.

I'd love to get some kind of hollowbody with some voodoo 59's

I have been getting closer to a White Falcon :)
    I picked Setzer's new Album the Sunn Tribute and the tone is to die for! I could live with a hollow body :P

I love my voodoo's they are a pleasure and the treble pick up is not ice pickish like many I have heard. I usually keep the selector switch in the middle, the tones are huge and it nails Allman and Page very well.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    get a gretsch... they have some really nasty tones on board.
    There's No Code.
    5 days of being out on the road, I come back to it. I'll do the clips soon. You just cannot believe how good this thing sounds. Describing it is futile. Without using tone descriptive words. Basically, it just sounds really freaking good.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    5 days of being out on the road, I come back to it. I'll do the clips soon. You just cannot believe how good this thing sounds. Describing it is futile. Without using tone descriptive words. Basically, it just sounds really freaking good.

lol thats classic, thats like my traynor...its just really fucking good
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore