If there were an award for most extensive use of the Line 6 DL4...

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited May 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Mikey would win hands down. Wow did that pedal get a lot of action on this album.

How freaking good is the tone. WOW! Allusions to all their influences and it just dosen't get better than huge townsenesque chords (and some blistering solos) :D I love this one it's very passionate.

I hope Ed tours with the Townsend Les Paul.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TroyTroy Posts: 12
    is the DL4 the delay box?

I think it is..and in that case The Edge would have to give Mike a run for his money!! But yeah Mike luvs that thing. He couldnt stop stomping that baby on letterman..
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
    his tone for the whole album is fuckin great....stone with the crunch and then mike with the smooth amazing sound...jesus christ is it me or is it getting hot in here? :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • CenterCityCenterCity Posts: 193
    I think Matt and Jeff play gracefully. Its hard not to be caught up in their music...without being giddy. :)
    I need to finish writing.
  • Troy wrote:
    is the DL4 the delay box?

I think it is..and in that case The Edge would have to give Mike a run for his money!! But yeah Mike luvs that thing. He couldnt stop stomping that baby on letterman..

the DL4 is a line6 modeling effects unit, i believe it has 16 of the most famous delay's and some line 6 creations, you can have 4 presets. he also has an MM4 as well, the DL+MM is a MAD combo, and mike has those things down pat

HM

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19