The great American Strat search year oh lets be kind 5......

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok, the plot thickens. Strat o the week.

I'm now looking for Nitro finished used 62 Reissue Strats in the 1000 dollar range, I'll upgrade the machines to locking, the pups to my beloved Blues Specials/S90's in oh 6 months to a year and then perhaps upgrade the hardware in a couple of years to Callaham, Thoughts?
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    come around to my way of thinking, eh?

i suggested it a couple weeks ago. i think it's the best solution.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    come around to my way of thinking, eh?

i suggested it a couple weeks ago. i think it's the best solution.

yeah, you're going to laugh. I'm also shopping Deluxe Reverbs.

you are really dead on. now that Kluson makes a locking set of those exact tuners, bingo, I can get someone to just retrofit an earvana nut or graphite what have you, other than that a bottle of nut sauce and it's golden. The look has always been what I've wanted.

But this is all just perfect timing. I've just spent 2 paychecks on rent, fixing my truck and advalorum tax. It'll probably be April before I recover.

The Les Paul is going on Fleabay soon. I'm going to list it at $450 with hopes that I'll get around 5 for it. So I can get a hollowbody, probably a dot, and just upgrade the pups.

I'm still debating trying to trade the DL4 for a good vibe.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    a DR next to the orange is perfect.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah, you're going to laugh. I'm also shopping Deluxe Reverbs.

you are really dead on. now that Kluson makes a locking set of those exact tuners, bingo, I can get someone to just retrofit an earvana nut or graphite what have you, other than that a bottle of nut sauce and it's golden. The look has always been what I've wanted.

But this is all just perfect timing. I've just spent 2 paychecks on rent, fixing my truck and advalorum tax. It'll probably be April before I recover.

The Les Paul is going on Fleabay soon. I'm going to list it at $450 with hopes that I'll get around 5 for it. So I can get a hollowbody, probably a dot, and just upgrade the pups.

I'm still debating trying to trade the DL4 for a good vibe.

What kind of Les Paul?
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
    What kind of Les Paul?

1987 Studio, Ebony FB 490 and 498 HB's. Wine Red, Chrome hardware, Shaller tuners, Heavily gigged, before I bought it. It's came with a badass old deluxe case. I'm just getting bored with it, I guess. Time to change the strings. Still I think If I could get 500 or so for it. I'd let it go.
  • Hmm...do you have any pictures of it haha
    Hmm...do you have any pictures of it haha

yeah I'll post some soon. I may just give them to Greg with the soundclips for my EGDM
  • Sounds good, I have my G&L Tribute but I'm not sure about it, I've been playing tons of Les Pauls and I think that's where I'm headed. Also a quick question, the 1st fret on my G&L is horribly out of tune, and no matter how intune the rest of the guitar is the 1st fret always sounds somewhat...well crappy. What's the fix for this, a setup?
    Sounds good, I have my G&L Tribute but I'm not sure about it, I've been playing tons of Les Pauls and I think that's where I'm headed. Also a quick question, the 1st fret on my G&L is horribly out of tune, and no matter how intune the rest of the guitar is the 1st fret always sounds somewhat...well crappy. What's the fix for this, a setup?

potentially, could also be a nut problem.

check out http://www.earvana.com
  • If I get time I'm going to the shop tomorrow to have the guy check it out. Maybe take a look at some used Les Pauls or maybe an Epiphone.
  • i posted a 62 strat on here that was on ebay...no one said anything about it...oh well

well guys, im off to seattle wont be back til sunday :D....get to see 2 shows, yankee game, and 2 cities...im siked! :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    i posted a 62 strat on here that was on ebay...no one said anything about it...oh well

well guys, im off to seattle wont be back til sunday :D....get to see 2 shows, yankee game, and 2 cities...im siked! :D

have fun for all of us.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pac, not sure what color you are looking for but mark has a really nice 65 for a good price.
    http://www.marksguitarloft.com/catalog.php?cat=new
    scroll down you'll see it.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Ok, the plot thickens. Strat o the week.

I'm now looking for Nitro finished used 62 Reissue Strats in the 1000 dollar range, I'll upgrade the machines to locking, the pups to my beloved Blues Specials/S90's in oh 6 months to a year and then perhaps upgrade the hardware in a couple of years to Callaham, Thoughts?

:D I just found a used 62 reissue custom tele, in ice blue. I am going to put on a fat neck and change the pups. I am thinking a higher output single coil tele bridge, a P-90 neck and either another P-90 or a Lollar Chicago Steel middle. I am thinking lollars for all of the pickups. 5-way switch.

the neck will be a boatneck with a braz rw board and 6105 frets. vintage tint lacquer finish locking klusons... it will be the next House53 signature model.
    There's No Code.
    JofZ wrote:
    Pac, not sure what color you are looking for but mark has a really nice 65 for a good price.
    http://www.marksguitarloft.com/catalog.php?cat=new
    scroll down you'll see it.

That's solid good price at 1875, Fat sound has a 60 for 1400 but it's NOS and would still need a new guard pups and a nut, it's unreal the difference in quality from that rosewood on the custom shop and the blanks on your basic everyday guitar. It has to be 3 color sunburst, but this is all on hold right now. I'm going to spend the winter liquidating and consolidating then maybe get one by refund time next spring.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    That's solid good price at 1875, Fat sound has a 60 for 1400 but it's NOS and would still need a new guard pups and a nut, it's unreal the difference in quality from that rosewood on the custom shop and the blanks on your basic everyday guitar. It has to be 3 color sunburst, but this is all on hold right now. I'm going to spend the winter liquidating and consolidating then maybe get one by refund time next spring.

There are some really nice peices out there and I think you will do better after the holidays, everyone seems to dump their old stuff after they get X-mas gifts. Have you bothered going to any shows? I am surprised how many deals I can get with cash in hand :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Sounds like your on a mission Pac. haha

btw Pac, PM me when you get pictures of that guitar, I'm very curious.