Shannon Phaser/Uniphase

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey Ex, did you get your's yet? What are your thoughts?
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    should get the phaser this week.

still waiting to hear back on the uniphase order.
    ok, uniphase should be here next week.

i'll post thoughts once they arrive.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Great, did you get that clip I sent you last night?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    actually, no. g.snell(at)telus.net

give it another shot.
    exhausted wrote:
    actually, no. g.snell(at)telus.net

give it another shot.

forgot the dot. I'll do it when I get to the casa. I'll try to get some others as well soon.
    cool. i'll get them up quick-like once i've got them.

too bad eric never cloned a chorus. someone needs to clone the CE-2.

i've burned through every readily available chorus in the last few weeks with no luck so i'm back to fleabay for one. hopefully soon.
    exhausted wrote:
    cool. i'll get them up quick-like once i've got them.

too bad eric never cloned a chorus. someone needs to clone the CE-2.

i've burned through every readily available chorus in the last few weeks with no luck so i'm back to fleabay for one. hopefully soon.

Did you ever get a chance to check out the one from Voodoo labs. I believe it's a cloned CE-1 but it's pretty cool.

The EH clone from Analog Man is nice too but I guess it depends on the tone you want.

Hopefully you'll find a CE-2 on the cheap. If Ebay fails, check the Gear Page. I wonder if you could do the keeley speed mods yourself.
    i had a voodoo lab chorus for about a week. horrible. noisy with this harsh flanging thing in the upper frequencies. i bet the first versions were nice but i believe the reviews when they say the new ones don't have it.

tried the ibanez CS9. really liked it for a day or two. then it became too sterile. dead quiet though. however, the buffered bypass screwed up my tone. the maxon version is just too pricey to justify.

i didn't look seriously at the clone chorus because i don't like the EHX chorus sound. not what i'm looking for.

i'm leading an auction on a decent CE-2 right now. there is also a mint in boxer as well that i might take the plunge on. the rest up right now are too beaten.

mig will smack me for wanting chorus but it's for a particular sound. put slight, rich chorus in front of an overdrive and it's awesome.
    exhausted wrote:
    i had a voodoo lab chorus for about a week. horrible. noisy with this harsh flanging thing in the upper frequencies. i bet the first versions were nice but i believe the reviews when they say the new ones don't have it.

tried the ibanez CS9. really liked it for a day or two. then it became too sterile. dead quiet though. however, the buffered bypass screwed up my tone. the maxon version is just too pricey to justify.

i didn't look seriously at the clone chorus because i don't like the EHX chorus sound. not what i'm looking for.

i'm leading an auction on a decent CE-2 right now. there is also a mint in boxer as well that i might take the plunge on. the rest up right now are too beaten.

mig will smack me for wanting chorus but it's for a particular sound. put slight, rich chorus in front of an overdrive and it's awesome.

The Mormon Tabernacle has a pretty good chorus.
    Damn, I want a TP too.

My dilemma. I have about $150 bucks from my birthday I have to spend.

There is a BJF PPF on TGP for $175. Then there is a Love Pedal CS Twin 60 for $145.

I'm probably going to sell the DD for maybe 75 or 80 bucks and try and either get an LTD or a TP as well.

The DL4 is on the block too. I want to try and get a vibe.

Then, my ass needs to get in the shop for some lessons.
    i went uniphase but that lovepedal vibe is pretty awesome. he needs some clips with a driven amp though.
    exhausted wrote:
    i went uniphase but that lovepedal vibe is pretty awesome. he needs some clips with a driven amp though.

yeah, I was thinking I might try the Uniphase first.

Bob sweets Mo Faux has the power jack. I don't know that there will ever be a better Vibe at 125 though than the Love Pedal.