EGDM clip and some old stuff.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi guys, I finally got some stuff to Ex if you want to hear a bit from the EGDM (attenuation cuts the high end but the neighbors and the mic prefers it.)

The wah clip was with an earlier set up Les Paul Studio -> Barber DD -> Keeley Rat -> Orange The other track on that set was strait in to the BR-532 with a little compression and verb on my Fender DG-22CE

http://brehell.ca/paco/emerald.mp3
http://brehell.ca/paco/wah.mp3
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i only got a chance to listen once last night since i had company most of the evening but on quick listen, things sounds pretty good.

i have to listen to the EGDM clip a few more times to form a solid opinion of the pedal.

i swear the way i hear overdrive changes on a daily basis.
    and your pm inbox is full but roger on the uniphase. i hope to get my phaser today or tomorrow and i'll get my uniphase late next week.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    i only got a chance to listen once last night since i had company most of the evening but on quick listen, things sounds pretty good.

i have to listen to the EGDM clip a few more times to form a solid opinion of the pedal.

I'll get better clips too. It's tough to be able to hear the dynamics available from the EGDM, you might like some of the other BJFE's better it kind of depends on the setup. All in all its just more smooth feeling and round sounding than the Keeley's more amp like, I think it will depend on what goes in as well, kind of like an AC30 I'd imagine a treble boost would sound good. JofZ says it's like Rory Gallagher's Irish Tour album.

I'm thinking of having Paul Cochrane build me a timmy so I can see how that works infrente de EGDM.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    exhausted wrote:

Just when you thought searching for OD's was done ex.

Michael I. down in OZ.

WOW!!! This one is going to be special.

http://www.miaudio.com/Images/BBD.jpg
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Just when you thought searching for OD's was done ex.

Michael I. down in OZ.

WOW!!! This one is going to be special.

http://www.miaudio.com/Images/BBD.jpg

Ex, did you see this od......?
  • Nice chops, paco. That thing sounds great. I think that those BJFE dirt pedals are FET based and why they sound so good. Great thing about FETs is that you can simulate any tube amp’s preamp circuit by substituting one for half a preamp tube, but in a 9V circuit. They have a very similar breakup.
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Ex, did you see this od......?

i did. looks nice and tweakable. which all his stuff seems to be.
    Telesonic wrote:
    Nice chops, paco. That thing sounds great. I think that those BJFE dirt pedals are FET based and why they sound so good. Great thing about FETs is that you can simulate any tube amp’s preamp circuit by substituting one for half a preamp tube, but in a 9V circuit. They have a very similar breakup.

Thanks, could be. I do know BJ builds all discrete circuits no opamps, but the circuit is covered, however there is an internal trimmer although I have no reason to change it so I haven't taken the covering off yet. Interesting stuff. Now, I set my sights on germainium and silicon transistors.