guys looking for great 1x12 combos under 1000 should look at this.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited January 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=340273

Mesa Blue Angel. Great Great amp. looks like he wants about $900 for it.

Should be noted, although it is VERY flexible it is single channel and non master volume.

and personally I'd prefer it with different speaker or a cabinet. but this is one of my favorite mesa's ever built.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    if i wasn't about to undertake building my own 1974x i would be totally jumping on that.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    if i wasn't about to undertake building my own 1974x i would be totally jumping on that.

:D, Miss it do you?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i wasn't sophisticated enough at the time to truly appreciate it's capabilities.

but really, i have 6V6 covered in spades now and will have EL84s covered too.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    i wasn't sophisticated enough at the time to truly appreciate it's capabilities.

but really, i have 6V6 covered in spades now and will have EL84s covered too.

true, that should be an awesome layered combo you are building.
  • Blue Angels are such great amps. I can't see the one you have posted, though. Sounds like a great price.
    They are LOUD but stick a Weber attenuator on there and you can play it indoors without having dogs howling down the street, cats and bunnies and squirrels all running away, babies crying and cops coming. :D
    I can't post on the gear page or access the "for sale" stuff because they won't accept a yahoo email address so I guess that's saving me some money! :)
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

yep. i'm looking forward to it. my kids will have great amps built by dad!!

after this i'll tackle an ac30 or matchless DC30 kit. next year. or an AC15 if one comes out. would like to built a brownface deluxe as well to complete the trio of fender deluxes.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Looks like a sweet amp. Mesa has piqued my interest a bit since I played through one at my latest guitar lesson, and damn did my LP sound sweet through it. Nice crunch when you attack it hard, and really clean when lightly strummed. It was a Lone Star head/cab, anyone know anything about these?