Favorite semi well known guitar players

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Craig Ross.

Audley Freed.

Marc Ford.......
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Marc Ford

Steve Stevens
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Alain Johannes
    Nels Cline
    John Lamacchia
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    ryan dahle - limblifter
  • josh klinghoffer - in the pj harvey band for a few albums
  • Johnny WongJohnny Wong Posts: 193
    Marc F'n Ford
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  • David Eugene Edwards
    Stone Gossard
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
  • Dan Auerbach
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    marc ford and david grissom are about the only players that make me want to plug in and saturate some tubes......
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Mike McC
    Marc Ford
    Adam Jones-alotta people might know him but he gets overshadowed with Maynard and Danny Carey

Audley Freed
    Derek Trucks
    Warren Haynes
    the guy from Mars Volta
    Elliot Easton
    the guy from Collective Soul, see Shine
    Doyle Bramhall III
    Martin Barre
    Neil Schon- yes, from Journey
  • Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    the guy from Collective Soul, see Shine

Ross Childress....he rocks!!

I'm pretty sure he's an asshole though...

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    Ross Childress....he rocks!!

I'm pretty sure he's an asshole though...

I have a friend who interviewed Collective Soul for the campus paper and she said that he was, yes, indeed a HUGE asshole.

Primadonna with an misogynist attitude is what she said I think.
  • I can see it for sure.....

The reason why I said that was because I've heard he's pretty much the reason Collective Soul wasn't around for those years there....

Supposedly he was with Ed's wife, (their lead singer) ...like she was cheating on Ed with Ross.....that's the story floating around.

Now they have the new guitar player and they're back...and I'm pretty sure Ross and Ed's Ex-wife are still together.

.NJD.
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    Should have added:

Peter Klett.
  • Dave Beegle is relatively unknown. He was the first person to ever record with the Transperformance Self-Tuning Guitar with his old band Fourth Estate. His acoustic playing is also mind blowing. He just played with my friend Aaron Lee for the opening of his new guitar Store/Studio on April 1

http://fromthetopmusicstudios.com/

You can find some of his music on iTunes, or you can purchase CD's directly from http://www.hapiskratch.com/ I highly recommend the tracks Kara Kum, All The Kings Men, Joy, and Breaking Through The Clouds.

Dave will be playing this Saturday April 15, 2006 in Ft. Collins at the Starlite for the Hapi Skratch anniversary party.

Aaron Lee is also an excellent musician, he hasn't been recorded much however. He played on Dave's last album "Beyond The Desert" and used to perform with him a lot. Aaron offers guitar lessons for a very reasonable price if anyone is interested, see the above link for From The Top.

Can't forget Warren Haynes, or Shawn Lane
    "Buy the Ticket Take the Ride" Dr. H.S.Thompson

06/19/95 - Red Rocks:Morrison,CO • 06/23/98 - Fiddlers Green:Englewood,CO • 04/01/03 - Pepsi Center:Denver,CO • 07/02/06 & 07/03/06 - Pepsi Center:Denver,CO thanx 10 Club Countless official & unofficial Bootlegs.
  • Kaki King
    One of the most original acoustic guitarists around. She's just starting to make a living at it, too! Nice nice person and if you go see her live, you'll see a woman create havoc on an acoustic guitar!
    She used to play in the subway stations in NYC, and now is touring the country.
    http://www.kakiking.com/

California Guitar Trio
    Three guys with identical acoustic guitars, and when they play a melody, they "circulate" the notes. 1 plays a note, the next one plays the next note in the melody and so on. It makes the guitars sound sort of harpsichord like because each note rings. Their sense of timing and musical knowledge is amazing.
    http://www.cgtrio.com

Adrian Belew! The king of the stunt guitar. He can make any noise he wants sith his strat, from elephants to scary guitar solo. ((He did a lot of the guitar leads on NIN's first CD, as well as pretyy much every other band around it seems. (Talking heads "remain in light") comes to mind.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

as for acoutic players,which is what i'm more into these days......

michael kelsey and eric skye do it for me.

i saw kaki open for keb mo a few years back.

she had some really nice stuff,but i have to say,what sticks out most in my mind about her performance was the huge spider that was dangleing over her head for a song midway thru her set.

he went back to the rafters and didnt land on her head i'm happy to say.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I know I've said this before, but I honestly thing the guy doesn't get enough props for being a really amazing guitar player, John Mayer.
  • Michael Houser (RIP) - Electric
    Luther Dickinson - Electric
    Darryl Purpose - Acoustic
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Tommy Emmanuel
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Warner Hodges (jason & The Scorchers)

Michael Schenker - he is known, but no one ever mentions him!

Paul Westerberg really rocks out on guitar!
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    omar rodriguez lopez
    dan auerbach
    j mascis

also, some older guys who were famous in their time, but not many people seem to know anymore:

mike bloomfield
    rory gallagher
    eddie hazel