Buying new pickups.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited May 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm buying a new set from acme, mostly prewired in the blender config, Fralin Blues Specials and SP43.

Is it worth buying a new pickguard and pickguard shield? I mean I'd be 2 soldier joints away from interchanging them I guess.

I'm not sure if the current AV62 that I have even has the PG shield currently.

Does anyone know if Fender ships these with the shields? If they do I could just get the cardboard template and hook em up.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Purely for interchangability, I'd buy another pickgaurd. Maybe you'll encounter another strat and wanna put your old PG on that one.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the 62 has a shield.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I'd recommend getting another PG - it'll just make things easy to swap back and forth.
    If for some reason the new PG doesn't have any shielding, you can pick up some foil tape and do it yourself.

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫