Tubes.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've decided on the EI Gold Pin Elites for power tubes. I'll probably go with a JJ GZ34 Rectifier.

OK, the preamp tubes are probably still ok, but hey for fun......

I want to try an Electro harmonix 12AX7 (gold pin, mullard copy) in one of the preamp positions and a EI Elite (Gold Pin) 12AX7 (telefunken copy) in the other... think that will be a good match?
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    enharmonic, anyone thoughts?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I use EH 12AX7s in my traynor and as far as I can tell, it makes the amp distortion tighter than the stock Sovtek 12Ax7s. As for the combination, I guess it'll just have to be your ears, which I'm certain you have a good pair of. I'd love to experiment with tubes in my amp; JJ, Groove Tubes, etc. but that will have to wait for another payday.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    talk to ya later
  • brain of c wrote:
    talk to ya later

Ha ha! Brilliant again!

Maybe after Paco puts some tubes in:

Let's make some noise

I don't know what to tell you, Paco,,, I'd say, just go for it.
    As a matter of fact, we should go get the EI's straight from the factory! Beautiful country there! Maybe do a little skiing, too! :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart