Kalifornia people.... please go to the carvin store and review

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
These look freaking nice for the dinero.

http://www.carvin.com/products/group.php?CID=CBLTT
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• they've got some tweed combo's i've been wondering about.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    the unseen wrote:
    they've got some tweed combo's i've been wondering about.

yeah the bel-aires they should be fairly decent amplifiers. I believe the tube compliment is EL84

I know there MTS series is a very good value. I've thoroughly flogged a 5881 X100B for a few hours with a Schecter PT and it was excellent. even through a dumpy 4x12
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • yea,thats the ones.

i think the 1-12 would suit me for what i'm doing......

i've played thru their bass amps a few times,i think they put out a good product as amps go.

i've never played one of their guitars or basses.
    the unseen wrote:
    yea,thats the ones.

i think the 1-12 would suit me for what i'm doing......

i've played thru their bass amps a few times,i think they put out a good product as amps go.

i've never played one of their guitars or basses.

The 175 thinline Acoustic I got to play was custom shop quality all around, the playability is phenominal. As far as value goes, the customs are probably some of the best out there for the money.
  • it's funny no one really seems to talk about their products much.

as for electrics,i like the looks of the holdsworth models.

i probably would have checked out their basses back in the day,but i wasnt too crazy about how the top horn extended out.the woods sure look nice in the pictures though.
    the unseen wrote:
    it's funny no one really seems to talk about their products much.

as for electrics,i like the looks of the holdsworth models.

i probably would have checked out their basses back in the day,but i wasnt too crazy about how the top horn extended out.the woods sure look nice in the pictures though.

They are not the most ornate, or the finest wood ever gracing an instrument what have you, but their CNC milling is very good, and they really just give you basic guitars and give you a few custom options to reduce cost and time to build but essentially they build really really nice guitars for the cash. The playability and initial quality are as good as any major builder at any price, when you consider you are saving maybe 5 to 700 bucks over a comprably equipped fairly standard PRS the California Carved top CT6 is an outstanding value. Hell you could put timbuckers in one (if you can find them) or some Suhr DSH+'s or Harmonic Design and have an even better guitar. The playability is phenominal.
  • i heard these are pretty decent practice amps for the price

http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=VINTAGE16&CID=VINT
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i haven't been there in person since..........1985?