Shannon OD on Ebay

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hard-to-find-Shannon-Overdrive-Pedal_W0QQitemZ7395893568QQcategoryZ41416QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

don't shoot the messenger, just putting it out there for those that desire one.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i'll give ye a bottle of whisky and a small tub o' haggis fir it :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    i'll give ye a bottle of whisky and a small tub o' haggis fir it :)

If it were mine I'd trade it for a wee dram of speyside too ye
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    $235 might be a wee bit high at this point.
    exhausted wrote:
    $235 might be a wee bit high at this point.

I agree. 85 over original cost. $160 would be very fair. It does slay a lot of OD's but geez, you can get 2 Gainsters for that.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Imagine that, a boutique pedal mfg goes out of business, and his pedals start jumping in price. Who would've thought.

Eric's stuff is bound to go up, unless he goes back in business.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Hard-to-find-Shannon-Overdrive-Pedal_W0QQitemZ7395893568QQcategoryZ41416QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

don't shoot the messenger, just putting it out there for those that desire one.

No joke, but I thought you were referring to the Blind Mellon singer!
    Imagine that, a boutique pedal mfg goes out of business, and his pedals start jumping in price. Who would've thought.

Eric's stuff is bound to go up, unless he goes back in business.

Who said Eric was out of business? Maybe not selling now, but stay tuned my friend, stay tuned. All in good time.

The old OD is discontinued, as are the new phaser and uniphase, but out of business? negative....;)

*procedes vaguely to spurn way huge like controversy* ;)
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Who said Eric was out of business? Maybe not selling now, but stay tuned my friend, stay tuned. All in good time.

The old OD is discontinued, as are the new phaser and uniphase, but out of business? negative....;)

*procedes vaguely to spurn way huge like controversy* ;)

i hate the cloak and dagger stuff. they're just pedals.
    exhausted wrote:
    i hate the cloak and dagger stuff. they're just pedals.

I don't think Jorge is being all that secretive. it's the rumors that are spurring all that controversy. The guy left line 6 probably for dunlop and people went nuts speculating, I think it's more them than him. Cult of personality, sure they are good, but not moreso than any of the other top guys.
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    No joke, but I thought you were referring to the Blind Mellon singer!
    I kinda did too.....
    Let's Go Red Sox!
  • That seemed a bit high to me too, but in defense, it is really one of the best od's I have ever tried. I love it. If you offered me 300 for it, I'd say no. I hope he gets the bug again and starts production back up soon.
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I don't think Jorge is being all that secretive. it's the rumors that are spurring all that controversy. The guy left line 6 probably for dunlop and people went nuts speculating, I think it's more them than him. Cult of personality, sure they are good, but not moreso than any of the other top guys.

Tripps and Zvex have a digital line coming out. That is the truth!
    Tripps will not re-release any old pedal, he respects their price point.
    There was no speculation, Tripps decided to start posting on boards and well that was all it took. People take this stuff personal which is just stupid, this is gear and people's businesses, if the guy wants to move to Mexico and save ferral cats that is his business :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    I'd like to get my hands on one of those ODs, but that's a lot of money. I wonder how much my Shannon Distortion box is worth. I wouldn't sell it, but it's # 006 and I don't think they're many at all. It's a great pedal though.
  • :cool:

I have #2 Shannon overdrive, have never found anything better, even in all the other boutique stuff. I did the first review and Eric is such a great guy. I love it, and I will NEVER let that thing go for ANY amount of money!

Well,,,

Naaaahhhhhh!

Hmmmm....

Ok,,,, naaahhhh!!!!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart