Why does this come along when I live in an Apartment and have no band?

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=156418

oh man, get the behind me Visa.

talk about mojo.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Thats just amazing.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    haha.

that sucks. but sometimes you have to contort to meet an opportunity perhaps?

i don't know. i mean that is a pretty damn good deal.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    haha.

that sucks. but sometimes you have to contort to meet an opportunity perhaps?

i don't know. i mean that is a pretty damn good deal.

seriously. Then I could justify the next expense (a victoria reverb/tremolo unit) :D I have the money, I just don't have the room or the "need"

I've already had the fat man up stairs banging on the floor, I'd be taking walls out with that vicky.

That and my girlfriend would be jealous of vicky.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    yeah, i can understand. i never get to turn up either.

"need" is something i need to learn about. i waste so much $$$. totally disproportionate. i'd be better off making an effort to track the hole i'm trying to fill.
    exhausted wrote:
    yeah, i can understand. i never get to turn up either.

"need" is something i need to learn about. i waste so much $$$. totally disproportionate. i'd be better off making an effort to track the hole i'm trying to fill.

yeah, well, I probably would get more use out of a small PA system and an MBOX but I haven't been writing, just playing around.
    same here. i can't find enough time to myself to actually create anything any more. with the baby and everything, all my time is gone. i know i probably shouldn't sell my bass though, in case i do start writing and recording again.

i feel like a stupid hack collector now. sleeping on a pile of SGs. :D
  • The price is right for that man!!! If I had the money I would be all over it even if I had like 10 amps.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    Oh for the Love of Pete.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=156975

Matamp. This one has been on my most wanted list for ages.

wow. $1275

Matamp 1224 Mk. II in excellent condition. No dings, dents, tears or scuffs in the tolex. Extremely versatile amp. Features include:

- 4 6CA7 power tubes
    - 4 12AX7 tubes
    - 1 6V6 reverb tube
    - Switches to select either 1, 2 or 4 power tube operation
    - Switch for Class A or Class A/B operation
    - Switch for pentode or triode operation
    - Tube powered reverb
    - Effects loop
    - Cathode bias (no biasing required)
    - Master volume
    - Low and High inputs
    - Six position voicing control changing gain and bass response
    - Cascading gain circuitry with 2 separtate gain controls
    - Footswitch: 1) engages 2nd gain stage; 2) engages reverb; and 3)switches voice contol to highest gain positon
    - Midrange boost switch
    - 4, 8 16 ohm outputs
    - Etc.

Puts out between 3 and 28 watts depending upon various settings. This amp sells for over $2,100 new and used ones are hard to come by. I am asking $1,275. No trades please. Thank you.