Sigh.............

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    That looks pretty cool.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • It should be required that all equipment sites, have sound clips!!!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    It should be required that all equipment sites, have sound clips!!!

I agree.

I can't find a Menatone KOB clip to save my life.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    So If I had that "Tube Preamp" and I plugged it into my solid-state Cube 15, would it sound somewhat more like a tube amp? Or would it just sound like a distortion pedal?
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    It should be required that all equipment sites, have sound clips!!!

agreed, david barber would say the same, if you search over at TGP I know there are a few threads, some one has done clips.

My gut says it'll still sound like the cube 15 with a warm OD going into it. Usually, small solid state amps like that don't take pedals all that well they get kind of buzzy, but I don't have a great deal of experience with tube pedals, the ones that would be rational for you to buy, cost almost as much as your amp. I'd rather see you get a better amp first and there's absolutely no rush on that. Pedals are like sauce. The amp and the guitar are the meat and potatoes. Pedals are where you go when you already like your tone.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.