Breedlove.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited October 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.breedloveguitars.com/instruments/guitars/atlas/ad20_sr_plus/index.html

Anybody have this one or have you tried it?

I think this is the one I fell in love with. Can't beat solid Spruce top and solid Rosewood back and sides.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i've played a number of them, i don't know about that model in particular, but i haven't ever found one that did anything for me. nice guitars for sure though.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    http://www.breedloveguitars.com/instruments/guitars/atlas/ad20_sr_plus/index.html

Anybody have this one or have you tried it?

I think this is the one I fell in love with. Can't beat solid Spruce top and solid Rosewood back and sides.
    I sat in on a Breedlove visit at a local dealer and I was very impressed. They are very well built and if you are into the glitz they are hard to beat. Most dealers have a cut away showing:
    With the exception of the Revival Series, all Breedlove acoustic guitars utilize the JLD Bridge Truss system. This patented device provides a counterbalance for string tension at the bridge, and has the effect of relaxing the top wood and bracing, to maximize wavelength response. Your Bridge Truss is set for proper tension at the factory and should not require adjustment.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • I think Breedloves are great guitars!

Nick1977 has one. You could ask him about it, or he'll surely see this!

I thing that JDL Bridge truss is a great idea, Jof Z. I think it'll also help to keep the top from bowing outward as time goes by.

JDL has an interesting thing to repair bowed tops, too. I just ordered one to try and stabilize an old Yamaha acoustic with a bowed top.
    One of those, "Wish I'd thought of that" things! :cool:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Special_tools_for:_Bridges/JLD_Bridge_Doctor.html
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • BinFrog wrote:
    I am not sure whether I want to get the Breedlove I took for a test drive and thoroughly was impressed by, or if I want to save up for the Taylor I am in love with. $800 vs $3000. Decisions...

i'm hooked on taylors.

i wanted a 514C and since nothing had been showing up on ebay or in the used depts of stores around here,i decided to try out similar models and the choice came down to breedlove and lavrrivee.

i ended up getting a larrivee LV-09.

it plays great,but something wasnt right,i was too spoiled by the action on a taylor dread i have and a few weeks later a 514C did show up on ebay,which i snagged immediatly. since i have got that one,the larrivee hasnt been out of it's case much.