Hey Folks Sign Up at The Guitar Hub and get a free T Shirt.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://theguitarhub.com/forums/index.php

It's another musicians forum. With a lot of really great musicans and instrument builders, created by our own JofZ.

Now when you sign up you can get a free guitar hub shirt.

Hey, it's another place to live out your incurable GAS.

There are lots of tips and hints involved and it's getting bigger daily.

Cheers, Paco.

It's only semi spam. :D It's not like I get paid. :D Besides I've seen what people will do for a free T-Shirt.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    done........
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    done........

great, make sure you get your shirt.

next stop, Tone Fest Calgary :D Maybe London Power will come for that.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I registered weeks ago, but haven't posted, I just lurk. Do I still get one? :)
  • I am registered! May be spending a lot more time over there!

Thanks for the invite!
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    great, make sure you get your shirt.

next stop, Tone Fest Calgary :D Maybe London Power will come for that.

there was a little ampfest here a while ago but i'm not up for that kind of thing. it was just a bunch of amps in a studio room or something. lots of shredding i'd imagine.

the tonefest event looked like fun though.
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    oh dear yet another forum to spend many hours of my life on haha :D the cat is there too :)
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
    moster78 wrote:
    I registered weeks ago, but haven't posted, I just lurk. Do I still get one? :)

That's ok. Lurkers in Guitar Stores are the best customers, no wanking of course you get the free T-shirt, and a nice set of used ear plugs too :D

Kig Cat. We need to get you involved over there extolling the greatness of Allen and Heath and all your mixwizardry ;)

I appologise because lately, I've been loving the Soundcraft stuff I use on the weekends and I love thier little Gigrac too. *ducks*
    greatness + allen and heath in the same sentance??? haha oh and nice use of the mixwizardry quoteage ;) i reply with its soo I-LIVE :D ah soundcraft is a swear word where i work but dont worry i`ll let you off cause i love ya ;) besides id never use A+H hahah you should meet some of the people i work with *shudder* haha
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Thanks for the support everyone!
    TGH is really an interesting project. As you can see we have the best group of people hosting and managing the forum. It was set up for the builders to run, moderate, spam and interact with the public something no one else was providing without a bunch of BS rules.

So what are you guys going to get?

TourBoxes sponsored by the Builders and people with money! The idea is to provide people access to a monthly rig, not just a group of pedals. This stuff will drop ship to your door and you ship it back in a set amount of time. No hook, just a mandatory request you fill out a lengthy questionaire on the products. You will get the chance to play and buy stuff before the general public. The tourboxes will be raffled off once they are retired!

Reviews by people who know what they are talking about!

Forums hosted by people who are in the industry and have a personality!

Access to GuitarHub Only GEAR ( our first pedal is coming out in the next couple weeks and it is just silly good)

Discounts and/or special incentives from our advertisers!

I think that is it :)

Any suggestions, toss em Paco's way :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    how about a free massage from allison hanagann too that would give me some damn incentive :)
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    kigcat wrote:
    how about a free massage from allison hanagann too that would give me some damn incentive :)

I don't know man, after watching Date Movie the other night I've almost lost all respect for the girl.
    kigcat wrote:

Umm, yeah, we're working on the Maxim hot 100 TGH phone messages ;)

Until then you'll have to settle for my ugly mug and relentless searching for the best value for the dollar. I'll probably end up as the Clark Howard of that community, but really honestly, I like supporting small companies, like Lava Cable, or BJF, or Shannon, or Barber, because these guys know thier stuff they give you a ton of bang for the buck.

Scotty and Bjorn and Bob here have probably fogotton more guitar stuff than I know but I just genuinely like helping people find the right stuff for their application at thier budget level. It always changes, but my philosophy is if you can buy the right stuff, you won't lose so much next time you want to upgrade.

IE, I'm 15, I want a stack to shred, I can buy a Crate GFX and a 250 dollar Ampeg cab. Or, I could get a Avatar cab, and a used sovtek Tube Midget, that will sound a hell of a lot better for about the same price. It's so difficult when you first start to read through the MF and GC style marketing. I want to help people get the best tone for thier buck no matter what their budget. That's why (other than college) why I wasn't so great at GC. I can sell ice to an eskimo, but I don't want to. I want you to be happy with the fruits of your labor.

Eric Shannon once said "Electrons don't care if thier path is printed on a high quality circuit board or hand wired." That pretty much wraps it up right there. There's more than one way to skin a cat. Maybe that should be my forum. :D
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    IE, I'm 15, I want a stack to shred, I can buy a Crate GFX and a 250 dollar Ampeg cab. Or, I could get a Avatar cab, and a used sovtek Tube Midget, that will sound a hell of a lot better for about the same price. It's so difficult when you first start to read through the MF and GC style marketing. I want to help people get the best tone for thier buck no matter what their budget. That's why (other than college) why I wasn't so great at GC. I can sell ice to an eskimo, but I don't want to. I want you to be happy with the fruits of your labor.

Eric Shannon once said "Electrons don't care if thier path is printed on a high quality circuit board or hand wired." That pretty much wraps it up right there. There's more than one way to skin a cat. Maybe that should be my forum. :D

Cool stuff, Paco and JofZ! I'll sign up!
    I could never sign up on the gear page. I have a yahoo address because I travel a lot, and they wouldn't take that to register.

You guys have been great at recommending things for people, from, like you say Paco, the 15 year old on a limited budget, to someone wanting a high end rig.
    There's so much out there now, and so many sales pitches from the big companies that it's tough for someone to get the best bang for the buck! You've been so great at that since I've known you ,,, for almost 3 years, now, Paco!

I'm an old fuddy duddy when it comes to my own rig anymore, and I've been mainly using Eric Shannon's stuff for my little solo gigs now, but it's always great to learn new stuff and maybe I can contribute a bit, too. I LOVE to support the small companies.
    It looks like I may be starting up a little recording studio for kids around my neighborhood, so I need to brush up on that stuff!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

MIG needs to come back so you can pick his brain on recording. I'm still a Pro Tools amateur.

I can tell you if I was starting a project studio I'd almost definately go with a Digi02 with Pro Tools LE. But I bet you could get by with the Mbox you get lots of goodies with the bundle packs too.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Cool stuff, Paco and JofZ! I'll sign up!
    I could never sign up on the gear page. I have a yahoo address because I travel a lot, and they wouldn't take that to register.

You guys have been great at recommending things for people, from, like you say Paco, the 15 year old on a limited budget, to someone wanting a high end rig.
    There's so much out there now, and so many sales pitches from the big companies that it's tough for someone to get the best bang for the buck! You've been so great at that since I've known you ,,, for almost 3 years, now, Paco!

I'm an old fuddy duddy when it comes to my own rig anymore, and I've been mainly using Eric Shannon's stuff for my little solo gigs now, but it's always great to learn new stuff and maybe I can contribute a bit, too. I LOVE to support the small companies.
    It looks like I may be starting up a little recording studio for kids around my neighborhood, so I need to brush up on that stuff!

Sweet!
    I need to get more PJ guys on that board :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • I just wanted to say thanks as well. I am no where close to the level most of you are and I don't really post much on here but I read damn near every post. Thanks to JofZ for helping me get my hands on my PPF, which I absolutely love. Also a thanks to Paco and exhausted for teaching me about gear and other things to look for when shopping around. I also just posted a reply to one of Tomo's threads in the other forum trying to get my hands on his AYGP 1 DVD.

Well that's my two cents worth, thanks again!

Michael
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    More forum browsing...

a life wasted... I escaped it... I'm never goin' back again

uh oh! Signed up as "Fender" on guitar hub.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Oh paco, had a good idea for the Guitar Hub. What about a trade/sell forum? Some people like to sell/buy guitars/amps/pedals so It might be a good idea to set them up that way, and an easy way to find -the right- guitar. People wouldn't necessarily have to do it unsecurely either, they can meet through the forum and set up a quick buyitnow on ebay or something.

Edit: totally nevermind! just found it at the bottom of the page =(
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1