Effector 13 hand made effects at 35 bucks?

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    they're only worth about that much based on the build quality of the one i had. it was junk until i fixed it and even then. hobby quality at best.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Would it be worth it to just get a Build-Your-Own-Clone instead?
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    well, the thing is, the E13 pedals are totally oddball. nothing really sounds like them.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    they're only worth about that much based on the build quality of the one i had. it was junk until i fixed it and even then. hobby quality at best.

That's pretty much what my opinion was too, it just interested me that these are supposedly "hand made in the USA" and $35 bucks. I don't really see how a tiny operation could make much profit at $35 unless it's made out of crap. Maybe he got a ton of circuit boards printed up and there are a very few components that can be quickly attached with a soldiering machine?

BYOC has a pretty good reputation and you'd have no one to blame but yourself. ;)
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.