wow, check out this upgrade.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.mercurymagnetics.com/pages/nav/valvejr.htm

it says something I guess that the Transformer upgrade (+choke mod) costs more than the amp :D
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    That would be a tremendous bedroom amp.
  • i'd like to hear the stock AB'd with the modded version as the stock amp sounds quite good on it's own (especially at the price)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    i'd like to hear the stock AB'd with the modded version as the stock amp sounds quite good on it's own (especially at the price)

The kit would basically take all that is good and build on that, plus make it tons more reliable.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    i'd like to hear the stock AB'd with the modded version as the stock amp sounds quite good on it's own (especially at the price)

No chance of it sounding better stock, bro. That Mercury Magnetics iron is the business.
  • enharmonic wrote:
    No chance of it sounding better stock, bro. That Mercury Magnetics iron is the business.
    Yes I realize this. I'd just like to hear both of them side by side and hear the difference.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
    They should have posted a before and after clip. That would have been dramatic...but might have opened them up to some kind of lawsuit from Gibson...those sue-happy bastids :p