I am going to see what's left of the WHO tonight!!!!

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Yes!!!!!

Even if they are 60+ it's pretty cool to see guys that have had so much influence on modern music and my own guitar playing and musical style.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• That's nice for you :)
  • Have a great time, Paco!!!

When you walk out of that show, you'll find that there's a LOT left!

The Who crowd is pretty diverse, too! A lot of younger peeps to some grizzled looking folks from the 60's

Believe me,,, 60+ years old used to seem like it was far far away!

It sneaks up on ya! :D

It's amazing to see a band that I first saw in black and white on TV is still around! The Stones, The Kinks and the Who were my favorites who got me loving music, and I'll never forget watching the Smothers Brothers when the Who was on, and they smashed up their stuff, the look on my dad's face was priceless!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9-JdubfUCw
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

We got great 10th row seats last night, It'll probably be as strange to some of the surrounding people as it was for me to see bored 15 year olds in Memphis at the Pearl Jam show.

I love The Who. Quadrophenia is still in my record player at the house.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    awesome. I'm hoping to hear Drowned and I'm one.

We got great 10th row seats last night, It'll probably be as strange to some of the surrounding people as it was for me to see bored 15 year olds in Memphis at the Pearl Jam show.

I love The Who. Quadrophenia is still in my record player at the house.

10th row!

Just seeing Pete Townshend walk out on stage is an event in itself, let alone hearing that guitar start cranking!

I guarantee no boredom tonight!
    These are the inventors of musical mayhem! :D
    Be kind, man

Just seeing Pete Townshend walk out on stage is an event in itself, let alone hearing that guitar start cranking!

I guarantee no boredom tonight!
    These are the inventors of musical mayhem! :D

yeah it's going to be awesome. I guess people around here just aren't really into the who or they are leaving town early, it was easy to find reasonable tickets. I hope Rabbit makes it back for this show.
  • Congrats!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Saw them at MSG last month...fuckin great, crowd was spectacular because about 40% of the place was in their 20s...they sound great
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    absolutely fucking fantastic. Pete Townsend has unbelivable tone.

I want it.
  • I might go see them at Bridgeport again, only because the pretenders are opening up :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    absolutely fucking fantastic. Pete Townsend has unbelivable tone.

I want it.

I had a pleasant surprise the other night! My brother had two tix to see them in Philly and my sister in law couldn't make it, so I went at the last minute. We grew up listening to "I can see for miles and miles" in my basement and playing air guitar. My bro never saw the Who live before and was totally floored. Great great night!

Pete Townshend and a Strat with Fender Amps! :cool: I think with his delicate strumming technique :D , he could walk into any music store and pick up any guitar and amp and sound like Pete!

Amazing show! Amazing Journey was amazing!
    I like their new stuff, too. Yup, I'd have to say that there IS something left of The Who! Starkey is a great drummer, too!
    Be kind, man

♪ Juli ♪
  • I saw them last month in Salt Lake and it was an amazing show, even the opening band (The Pretenders guitar player is awesome) was really good. Great Show.
    It's really great when your in a limo you can put your head to the window and look out at all the homeless people-E.V.