Does it seem to you like the old guys are using a lot of the same stuff?

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.fulltone.com/artframe.html

check ronnie woods rig on that page.

Yeah, both he and keef are using TTE's but look at the amp rack.

Bassman and 2 Vibro Kings.

Pete is also using Vibro Kings. Interesting.

Probably my two favorite production amps right now are the Bassman LTD and the Vibro King.

I'd love to have a tte too and I've all but decided on a Clyde.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    http://www.fulltone.com/artframe.html

check ronnie woods rig on that page.

Yeah, both he and keef are using TTE's but look at the amp rack.

Bassman and 2 Vibro Kings.

Pete is also using Vibro Kings. Interesting.

Probably my two favorite production amps right now are the Bassman LTD and the Vibro King.

I'd love to have a tte too and I've all but decided on a Clyde.

LOL, I have a feeling the larger boutique companies have the duckets to burn for R&D to produce something that not only creates fabulous tone, but also reminds them of the good old days. The fastest way to get a Baby Boomer to cough up cash is to do both and the TTE is a perfect example, along with the Fender Sig Series, etc.

Mike Fuller gets it that is for sure.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    JofZ wrote:
    LOL, I have a feeling the larger boutique companies have the duckets to burn for R&D to produce something that not only creates fabulous tone, but also reminds them of the good old days. The fastest way to get a Baby Boomer to cough up cash is to do both and the TTE is a perfect example, along with the Fender Sig Series, etc.

Brilliant synopsis....it's dead on. That's the in thing with all the baby boomer marketing these days anyhow. I tend to wonder (conspiracy theory) almost if some of that is product placement to an extent. I remember someone talking about Lenny Kravitz using a false bunch of amp stacks on stage and a different back line behind everything. It is good marketing anyway.

Still no pimped out DC3's as corporate transportation yet though....:D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Haha ,, I bet Ronnie's entire rig is just that Microcube with a line out to the PA system! :D
    Nice to see that I have a couple of the same things that he does!

Except that HE has forklifts carrying his around in padded boxes from stadium to stadium, and my amps are in my storage room with sheets over them. :(

I think something like the Fulltone is great because it's compact, and for a major stakes tour like that, ,,,, reliable. I don't think Keith and Ronnie are too worried about endorsing stuff , and actually, most of the amps are under the stage now, and nobody can see them anyway.
    One of my friends has been on tour doing stage work with the Stones for a year or so, and he says it's still total simplicity with those guys. Amp, guitar, maybe a little chorus and echo, and there are so many spare amps around it's like a Fender warehouse! They can change out an amp and have it miked into the PA in one verse of a song.

My favorite Ronnie moment was when they were doing Love in Vain, and he was standing wi8th nothingn during the first verse while his tech was scrambling with a stool and a lap steel.
    Ronnie just was being goofy and then sat down with the lap steel and a wire disappearing under the stage, and just when the time was right, his tone was so righteous that it made the hair stand up on our necks. :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

pretty much the same philosophy behind all the uber $$$$ reissue guitars from fender and gibson as well.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Haha ,, I bet Ronnie's entire rig is just that Microcube with a line out to the PA system! :D
    Nice to see that I have a couple of the same things that he does!

Except that HE has forklifts carrying his around in padded boxes from stadium to stadium, and my amps are in my storage room with sheets over them. :(

I think something like the Fulltone is great because it's compact, and for a major stakes tour like that, ,,,, reliable. I don't think Keith and Ronnie are too worried about endorsing stuff , and actually, most of the amps are under the stage now, and nobody can see them anyway.
    One of my friends has been on tour doing stage work with the Stones for a year or so, and he says it's still total simplicity with those guys. Amp, guitar, maybe a little chorus and echo, and there are so many spare amps around it's like a Fender warehouse! They can change out an amp and have it miked into the PA in one verse of a song.

My favorite Ronnie moment was when they were doing Love in Vain, and he was standing wi8th nothingn during the first verse while his tech was scrambling with a stool and a lap steel.
    Ronnie just was being goofy and then sat down with the lap steel and a wire disappearing under the stage, and just when the time was right, his tone was so righteous that it made the hair stand up on our necks. :cool:

great story. It's kind of what has made them great, guitar, amp, maybe a bit of echo and chorus.... simplicity, with a hell of a complex network of brilliant people who ensure when something fails.....it's right back to that.

I thought that little micro cube was cool too. Pedals enthrall me though, I enjoy all the funky sounds.

If I had tons of cash I'd have all kinds of electric pianos, jazz organs, and moog synths to play with.

not to mention a trussart rusty tele, some kind of bassman or VK style amp (or Princeton according to my neighbors) a TTE, some kind of tremolo and a star to sail her by.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    great story. It's kind of what has made them great, guitar, amp, maybe a bit of echo and chorus.... simplicity, with a hell of a complex network of brilliant people who ensure when something fails.....it's right back to that.

I thought that little micro cube was cool too. Pedals enthrall me though, I enjoy all the funky sounds.

If I had tons of cash I'd have all kinds of electric pianos, jazz organs, and moog synths to play with.

not to mention a trussart rusty tele, some kind of bassman or VK style amp (or Princeton according to my neighbors) a TTE, some kind of tremolo and a star to sail her by.

I've become much more simple lately. Actually, liking acoustic guitar more and more. I DO have a monthly gig at an art gallery though. I get to play whatever I want, and I've gotten much more into looping and delays and I just wing it.

I have a weird chain for that gig sometimes. Guitar - Ts-9 - Shannon overdrive -Ibanez AD-9 analog delay- Akai Headrush for up to 11 second loop - Roland loop station - to my favorite Fender deluxe reverb.

Haha,, there's nothing like missing a note in that setup! You'll hear it for five minutes before I figure out how to get out of it! :D
    I just call it art!

That's why that TTE is intriguing. $1200 for an art gallery gig is a bit much, though! I've heard one, though and it's a beautiful sounding echo.
    Be kind, man

too early to tell but i think it's ok. i think the sounds in the DL4 have more personality and i think the DL4 is easier to use. but the boss is overall better quality and more powerful. harder to use and not as intuitive for sure though.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Pac,

Excellent observation, but I would be quite surprised to learn that those amps were stock.
  • enharmonic wrote:
    Pac,

Excellent observation, but I would be quite surprised to learn that those amps were stock.

From what I hear they are, except for Weber speakers, and that their techs go through them and check all the solder joints and tighten things up before and during the tours.

Of course , I guess that means they're not stock then. :o

Stock would be a couple of buzzing tubes,,,,, kick it on the left side and it's good for a couple of more songs! :D

That DD-20 looks great, Exhausted. I was looking at one, and it's like my Loop Station. Great piece of equipment that you have to take a short course in electronics to use. Too many little options that I get lost in.
    It's fine at home, but when I get live with it, I have to push little buttons, or if I push one wrong, I have to figure out how to get back to where I was.
    I have a feeling those things will last a long time though.
    Be kind, man