I got to play with a valco and a vicky champ this weekend.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Fantastic. 57 Valco, looks exactly like one of those new Swart 6 watt spacetones. 500 bucks is a bit much though so it didn't come home.

Solid wood cabinet resonance for days, best 8 inch speaker sound I've ever heard, 6V6's instrument and mic inputs and a modded I guess external speaker jack on the inside which is cool. it needs a new grounded plug, but man was that a really cool amp.

The Victoria 112 champ is freaking cool too though at 1199 or 1099 on sale I couldn't tell from GC not really a value pick, if it were 800 it'd be a steal.
The volume goes to 12 which is cool (though the girlfriend insisted that it should not go to 12...darn it), 6V6's and tube rectification nice, on off switch was the volume pot. That and the dome light are the only controls. I believe it's a solid pine cabinet, very very resonant. Perfect blues jam amp. Very easy to carry. It sounds like a tweed champ ought to have sounded big jensen alnico efficient 12. good stuff.

I should say I was lusting for tweed again because I went to see a band called the breeze kings this weekend at one of my favorite little blues dives. The guitar player had I believe a late 50ish ES-135 with P90's going into a blonde reverb unit and a late 50's 5E3 deluxe that sounded like heaven then that got split by an AB box to his lap steel he had built on this creative little stand and that went to the reverb and out to the amp as well. Really cool fun night of blues.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.