uh oh, new Roland digital Space Echo RE-20

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited March 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.roland.com/products/en/RE-20/index.html

yikes, reverb, tape echo. wow. I at least want to play with it.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    Pacomc79 wrote:

Seriously.

I just picked up a Blackbox Quicksilver for my tape echo needs. Kind of a mixed bag. It sounds great, but it's a little skimpy in terms of delay time with only 1200ms. Granted that's a lot of usable delay... but I'll sure be curious to check this space echo out when it hits in June.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Pacomc79 wrote:

sold.
  • exhausted wrote:
    sold.

sold!

I have the Roland two pedal looper, and they'll look nice together!
    That should make my chain even MORE confusing!
    Guitar - Shannon overdrive - AD-9 analog delay - Akai Headrush echo/ delay - Boss Digital delay - Roland RE-20 space echo - Roland RC 50 Loop station - amp.

haha,,,, I'll be able to just play one chord and go get a beer and let it all play itself! :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Looks interesting. Stupid question, but how does this compare to a normal Delay pedal? I have a delay pedal (DD-6) but have heard the original versions of these are legendary. I never use the DD-6, but DO want something trippy in the line.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Looks interesting. Stupid question, but how does this compare to a normal Delay pedal? I have a delay pedal (DD-6) but have heard the original versions of these are legendary. I never use the DD-6, but DO want something trippy in the line.

Actually, I guess we don't know! :D It's not in the stores yet!

Tape echoes have this way of drifting off as the signal repeats. The sound of the tape heads and the tape just add that feel like the noise is echoing away as you sit on the porch of your spaceship as it drifts off towards Venus. :)
    Each time the sound gets recorded on the next tapehead, it has a little more noise and hiss, whereas a lot of digital echoes have a cleaner decay. Or something like that.

Both are useful and neither is better than the other, so I'm interested to see what this does!

Ok, while looking at the Roland site, I found this:
    http://www.roland.com/products/en/FDR-1/index.html

Haha,,, a Fender Deluxe Reverb Pedal! There's also a Bassman pedal!

I wonder what the Deluxe reverb pedal will sound like through my Deluxe Reverb! :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

but this space echo is definitely getting a tryout as the reverb pedal for that amp.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    unfortunately they used a digital spring reverb model for the 65 DR pedal instead of a more doable plate.

yeah it's more accurate, but unless you run the level low anytime you hit the strings it's going to sound like you dropped 80 slinkies down the stairs.

COSM is better than it gets credit for, but it'd damn tough to get a spring reverb model perfect.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.