new shannon pedals on the horizon.

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited January 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.shannon-effects.com/

found these on the website.... oxide. hmm. "Rust Never Sleeps?"

look at him moving that power jack up to the top of the pedal too.... nice thin PB friendly design... kudos Eric.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• how different are they going to be from the orignal? cause i really like that one so i really dont think ill need to get another.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    how different are they going to be from the orignal? cause i really like that one so i really dont think ill need to get another.

These are a different design I know because he's been working on a variety of stuff since then. I can't really tell you, I know nothing about these specifically yet sorry I only played some interim prototypes.

I'm sure we will hear more soon.

If you like what you have that's great.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    sawweeeeet....good find pac, as always.

any idea when those limited runs will be available and if there's a wait list?

I'm guessing post Namm huh
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
    sawweeeeet....good find pac, as always.

any idea when those limited runs will be available and if there's a wait list?

I'm guessing post Namm huh

probably post namm. I know he's really busy and I haven't corresponded with him in some time. I know he checks his email though.
  • Uh oh.
    And me with out any $$$.

FYI, Pac, i think you suggested me a Shannon Phaser a while back. I got one off of ebay and flunking love it (though i still want something with more of that EVH over the top sweep to it as well) ... also that bjfe baby blue stays on like all the time!
    :D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
    Uh oh.
    And me with out any $$$.

FYI, Pac, i think you suggested me a Shannon Phaser a while back. I got one off of ebay and flunking love it (though i still want something with more of that EVH over the top sweep to it as well) ... also that bjfe baby blue stays on like all the time!
    :D

Check out some Flangers for the EVH tone. You can probably find a used MXR 114 for not too much money or a Boss or Ibanez/Maxon that will suit you for that tone. I bought a little Dano Hash Browns but it's relatively unsatisfying due to lack of controlability.

I've always wanted an electric mistress.

Glad you like the phaser.

I think of everything that he built in the early stuff he just completely nailed it with the Phaser and Uniphase.