Pearl Jam Gear Update. (Overdue Notice)

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited May 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
The last update to their page is November of 2002.

It's about time we requested to hear from George I think. I'm not sure how we start this process, maybe asking Kat and Sea to plesantly prod someone into doing it, but it would be nice to see some studio reports from Litho and Southern Tracks etc.

It'd be fun to see what preamps/pluggins they are using to record or what Neve board everything is going through or what mics they use to do whatever as well as amps and guitars and speakers and stuff. Or what protools rig they use etc.

I'd like to hear from the guys who mix for them sometime if that's ever possible.

Just a humble request..... no drama.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    I agree, I'm wondering about what they're using now-a-days too. We hear so much about Mike but what about Stone!??!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    if you read or bought and read the legends edition of Guitar with PJ on the cover it went into great detail of their gear, etc
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    JofZ wrote:
    if you read or bought and read the legends edition of Guitar with PJ on the cover it went into great detail of their gear, etc

yeah there are some great articles in various publications about thier live sound and recording/monitoring/mixing methods as well, I was just kind of hoping they would update the stuff on thier site to make it more current.

In general most of us gear freaks tend to know these things, but it's nice to see it spelled out, and it's nice for everyone else to be able to see it.

Hell, I'd love to hear from Keeley about the lighting.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • IDgotIIDgotI Posts: 262
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    The last update to their page is November of 2002.

It's about time we requested to hear from George I think. I'm not sure how we start this process, maybe asking Kat and Sea to plesantly prod someone into doing it, but it would be nice to see some studio reports from Litho and Southern Tracks etc.

It'd be fun to see what preamps/pluggins they are using to record or what Neve board everything is going through or what mics they use to do whatever as well as amps and guitars and speakers and stuff. Or what protools rig they use etc.

I'd like to hear from the guys who mix for them sometime if that's ever possible.

Just a humble request..... no drama.

+1 (in case this thread serves as a de facto petition).
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I support this motion!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • And I'd like to see GOOD shots of Stone and Mike's pedal boards too.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • And I'd like to see GOOD shots of Stone and Mike's pedal boards too.

yeah even an updated pedal board schematic would be nice, knowing whats running, and where in the chain, i wouldn't mind knowing what kind of off-stage rack gear they have too.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • BumpTheThread

i'm always up to know more about their process, especially amps/pedals per song. I know they don't just bring their pedalboards to the studio. They've got plenty of toys. I know for Riot Act there was a ton of Trentino use, but i'm still thinking they're pulling out other amps also, especially on the new album. Some of the new songs have different textures (MITS, for instance.)

cheers
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Yeah, I really hope some updates happen soon...I think it's safe to say we're all starvin' for some updated gear!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • ampguyampguy Posts: 7
    here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Trentino-Custom-Handmade-Model-3-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ280108459134QQihZ018QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    BumpTheThread

i'm always up to know more about their process, especially amps/pedals per song. I know they don't just bring their pedalboards to the studio. They've got plenty of toys. I know for Riot Act there was a ton of Trentino use, but i'm still thinking they're pulling out other amps also, especially on the new album. Some of the new songs have different textures (MITS, for instance.)

cheers
  • I totally agree, even the small spread sheet from Riot Act was cool to see what they were using amp and guitar/ bass wise.

I'd totally dig some behind the scenes studio stuff as well.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    ampguy wrote:

that's a freaking killer amp. 2 different tone stacks, 3 OD controls several different flavors......awesome.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    that's a freaking killer amp. 2 different tone stacks, 3 OD controls several different flavors......awesome.

Over the top Killer.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • johnorileyjohnoriley Posts: 1
    Does anyone know what Eddie uses as amps, looks like a '59 bassman with a '57 twin reissue on either side.