The Soldano SLO

Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
edited June 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
most of you know I'm generally a single channel amp guy. I do enjoy simplicity.

However this weekend I worked a show (19 hours on Saturday geez) for my radio station. One of the bands had a rhythm guitar player that used an SLO into a THD theile 2x12 and through the PA of course. It looked like it had the Depth and Haynes mods on it though I didn't get a chance to look very closely.

Absolutely stunning thick rich rock tone. He was just using a pretty basic tele and it was freaking perfect. The lead player had a custom shop washburn and a very heavily modified (Omega I believe) Hot Rod Deville which sounded fantastic, but the meat and potatos of the tone was just oozing and dripping from the SLO. Michael Soldano got it very very right with this one. I know it's not exactly news, hell it's one of the original boutique custom shop $3,500 amps but wow did it do it's thing.

He also designed the T50 and T100 for yamaha years ago and they sound better because of it, but damn does the SLO sound good.

I'd love to see Stone try one out on Tour. I still miss the Blitz 50.
My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.