Vintage Camera

EdTownshendEdTownshend Posts: 65
edited April 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey, can anyone recommend an inexpensive older camcorder? I'm looking for I believe an 8mm or 16mm...I'm not really sure. I'm having a kid in a few weeks and thought an older camera might be cooler to use than the new digitals. Thanks.
"I love you and Buddha too."--Mason Jennings
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    Hey, can anyone recommend an inexpensive older camcorder? I'm looking for I believe an 8mm or 16mm...I'm not really sure. I'm having a kid in a few weeks and thought an older camera might be cooler to use than the new digitals. Thanks.
    you might get more response in some other areas on the board, try AET first.
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    SEcond hand video cameras are a dime a dozen, but thew image quality degrades ove ritme. and though I am no techno weenie, digital is gonna be easier to deal with. finding snips of stuff to watch on tape is hard, with digital you can easily edit stuff into watchable form with background music etc. Lots of basic digital still camers will take adequate amounts of digital footage you can load straight ontp a PC and edit with Moviemaker which is built into windows, so it's very affordable. Converting film to PC requires video capture card and expensive software etc.
    Canon do excellent cameras which will double for both.
    Music is not a competetion.