Options

Thinking Of Buying A Fender Jazzmaster, Anyone Have One? Are They Any Good

3manstack3manstack Posts: 204
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I prefer the look of the Jazzmaster over the Jaguar, (Not much difference I Know)

Does the tremelo cause Tuning problems?

Whats it sound like?

The look just takes me back to 91-92 seeing Dinosaur Jr And Nirvana with em.

Any thoughts are appreciated
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah they're great. Sure they go in an out of tune with the weather but you can remedy that with some locking tuning machines. They sound great and look cool.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the shorter scale of the jaguar makes a huge difference in the feel of the guitar.

great balance in a jazz/jag body.

i played a japanese jazzmaster a couple years ago but that's my only experience with a "real" one.
  • Options
    pariahpariah Posts: 596
    I have one. I love it. It plays great.

But.

The Tremolo bar (on the Jap ones anyway) plain sucks, Leo must have been on acid when he invented that. First, it's too close too the strings, which makes it less comfortable than for example a Strat. You can bend it, but even then if you want Floyd Rose sounds this is not for you. Second, when you buy a JM, immediately order a Mustang bridge and replace the JM bridge with it. It'll kill the buzz and prevent your strings for slipping.
    The tuners are very good. Even when tremoloing the guitar stays in tune nicely.

Also, though I really like the sound, I'm thinking about replacing the pups with SD Hot for JM, but that depends on your taste. Jap JM pups ar very different from original JM pups though.

AND it looks HOT.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."