fender hot rod deluxe, weird sounds coming from it?????

3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Got a FHRD earlier this year and it played fine, but just doing some practise , playing the clean channel and it stated making scratchy sounds, the volume fluctuated and it made a noise like a goose being violated by an elephant!

Also the 2 fat tubes in the middle were really kicking out some heat and one of them was glowing quite angrily,

Answers on a postcard please....

PS I know Sweet FA about amps, so please keep it simple

Ta Muchly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    sounds like your power tubes are dying. you probably need new ones.

that would be my first guess.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Sounds like you have a tube problem. Most likely it will be fixed by replacing the tubes. It's too early to have internal failures so if you are pretty kind to it, I'd suspect it's a tube, that's pretty much the sound they make when they die. Leave it turned off, unplug it. Take it to a licensed tech and get it checked out. If you bought it new, it's probably under warranty.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
    Are the power tubes the fat ones kicking out the heat?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by 3manstack
    Are the power tubes the fat ones kicking out the heat?

Bingo, They say 6L6 on the side.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.