Good Music Stores In Manhattan

3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
edited September 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey

going to NY tomoro (Woo Hoo)

Apart from sam ash are there any other decent geetar and instrument shops around

coz im thinking of getting a ukulele while Im over to keep my hand in practise.

Thanks

thetriplestackedman
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Manny's Music
    156 West 48th Street (between 6th & 7th Avenues)

Phone: (212) 819-0576

You can buy your Ukelele from the same store that Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton and Charlie Parker, oh yeah, and of course, Who's_pearljam? and a whole host of others used to shop.:D

Or like paco says,
    30th street guitars is a great place, too and not really far from Manny's
    236 west 30th street

If you want to go on a pilgrimage to great expensive guitars, and unusual instruments go to Staten Island to the Mandolin Brothers.
    That's more of an afternoon though but you can sit down and play a 1935 Martin, or a 1908 Gibson mandolin, or maybe even Do Ho's old Ukelele!:)
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    156 West 48th Street (between 6th & 7th Avenues)

Phone: (212) 819-0576

You can buy your Ukelele from the same store that Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton and Charlie Parker, oh yeah, and of course, Who's_pearljam? and a whole host of others used to shop.:D

Or like paco says,
    30th street guitars is a great place, too and not really far from Manny's
    236 west 30th street

If you want to go on a pilgrimage to great expensive guitars, and unusual instruments go to Staten Island to the Mandolin Brothers.
    That's more of an afternoon though but you can sit down and play a 1935 Martin, or a 1908 Gibson mandolin, or maybe even Do Ho's old Ukelele!:)

Bob if I make it to Philly, you and I will have to take a pilgrimage to old New Amsterdam and go geetar shopping.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Bob if I make it to Philly, you and I will have to take a pilgrimage to old New Amsterdam and go geetar shopping.

Come on up! and bring your credit card and an empty stomach for all the great food!

I was in The Mandolin Brothers once with a friend of mine a few years ago. We had been playing in this goofy Fringe Festival play in Manhattan, and we had one part where him and I played a little duet Jazz version of the Oscar Meyer Weiner theme song.

Well, we were in this big room with all these historical guitars. I had a $40,000 old Martin,, he had like a $35,000 Gibson at the other side of the room. I don't know why, we just looked at each other and broke into the "I'd love to be an Oscar Meyer weiner song. All the other people are like,,, where the hell did THAT come from:eek:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

sounds like you have a fun day of shopping ahead.

enjoy.

peace