PRS Custom 24 Do I? Don't I?

3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
edited January 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Thinking about upgrading to a PRS, never really used to like em but I went to an open eveing a few months back at my local geetar shop and was pleasantly surprised with their versatility.

I know all the fuckwits like Good Charlotte and Stickellback and Stenchfoot play em but I can live with that.

Are they as good as they're made out to be?

Thoughts Opinions and Musings about them are welcome....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yes, they are as good as they are advertised. They are great guitars.

It would be a fine purchase for you.

Tremolo or no tremolo?

I think that one comes with the HFS pickups.

you can see more at http://www.prsguitars.com
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
    Speaking to the guy at the music store he said that the trem was a kind of floating one, which put me off a little. i thought it was just like a strat trem.

I like trems but i dont go in for doing divebombs and stuff just little wobbles.

Whats so good about the HFS pickups? Im a dummy when it comes to pickups and hardware really.
    3manstack wrote:
    Speaking to the guy at the music store he said that the trem was a kind of floating one, which put me off a little. i thought it was just like a strat trem.

I like trems but i dont go in for doing divebombs and stuff just little wobbles.

Whats so good about the HFS pickups? Im a dummy when it comes to pickups and hardware really.

good bad whatever it's all subjective. I like the overall tone. The benifit of a floating trem is that you can pull up as well. I don't remember it being floating, I think it is fender style, but it's been 3 years or so since I played a custom 24.

I can't remember if that has the 5 way selector switch or not, that gives you a lot more tonal options with those pickups.

it's got locking tuners so the trem is no problem anyway. It's a very professional guitar. Light, great looking, tons of tone and options, easy to restring quickly. Comfortable.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Isn't the standard strat trem a floating trem? Or maybe you're talking about a hardtail model?
    Isn't the standard strat trem a floating trem? Or maybe you're talking about a hardtail model?

it's standard and strat style, when I say floating trem I mean one with a cavity. This has no cavity. I'm not sure what the salesman was talking about. This is a 3 or 4 spring PRS unit, springs-block-bridge, the locking tuners help keep it in tune.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    PRS's are nice guitars....I own the Tremonti model that was discontinues. It totally changed my sound in a good way, and I play a Les Paul Studio as a back-up. I've even had compliments from soundmen on how good that guitar sounds. Definately if you can save up some money do it, its a good investment.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
    nailz100 wrote:
    PRS's are nice guitars....I own the Tremonti model that was discontinues. It totally changed my sound in a good way, and I play a Les Paul Studio as a back-up. I've even had compliments from soundmen on how good that guitar sounds. Definately if you can save up some money do it, its a good investment.

wait till you get the bogner, then they'll cream in their pants.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I know.....*drools*
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see