American pedals, can you use them in Europe?

3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
This may be a stupid question.

If I was to buy a Boss pedal(for example) in america would I be able to use it back home in England or would I have to have it fiddled with to make it usable?

The same question applies to the Electo Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man pedal would this be in need of being changed.

thanks

thetriplestackedman
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i can tell you from experience that it would work absolutely fine over here.
    seems that needlessly its getting harder
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
    which one chief?

the boss or the EH?

or both?

TA!
  • well i purchased an EH big muff from america and it works perfectly. ANY pedal purchased from america should work over in england.
    seems that needlessly its getting harder
  • I beleive if you use the right adapter (correct voltage and amperage, along with correct plug for whatever country) it doesn't matter where you use them. If you use a battery, then hell you could use it on the moon if you wanted.
    Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference. I'm not trying to make a difference. I'll stop trying to make a difference. No way!
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
    Thanks youse guys, well it looks loke Im going to buy a shitload of fx when Im over in September.

cheers, appreciated
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Pretty much all electric guitar gear is universal, the only thing different between different locales is AC power supply. If you wanted an AC adapter for FX bought in the States, you'd have to find an adapter that would use the same plug and same voltage you get at home.

Or you could get a power supply that has interchangable plugs and volt-ratings, like the Dunlop Power Brick.

Besides that, it's all just 1/4-inch plugs (dunno what that is in mm.) and 9-volt batteries.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.