Please help me get my pedal order correct.

3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
edited January 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi I have the following pedals

can someone please tell me the most effective order to place them.

boss superoverdrive
boss superchorus
boss dd6 delay
dunlop wah

thank you please
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Originally posted by 3manstack
    Hi I have the following pedals

can someone please tell me the most effective order to place them.

boss superoverdrive
    boss superchorus
    boss dd6 delay
    dunlop wah

thank you please

There are a bunch of ways to do it and nothing is really right or wrong. Keeley has a nice article on it on his website.

Wah, distortion, chorus, delay.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I'd go:

Wah -> Chorus -> Overdrive -> Delay

But it's all personal preference. Some people tell you to always put the wah before the overdrive, some will tell you never to put the wah before the overdrive. It's all just personal preference. Here's a prior discussion:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82519
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • just hook up two at a time and switch the order see what you like best. add the third keep switching pedals untill you find what you think is best. id go with the wah, overdrive, chorus, delay though. delay should always go last atleast that is what ive always heard.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by PearlJamaholic
    just hook up two at a time and switch the order see what you like best. add the third keep switching pedals untill you find what you think is best. id go with the wah, overdrive, chorus, delay though. delay should always go last atleast that is what ive always heard.

I would put reverb last in any chain... delay second-to-last...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    I'd go:

Wah -> Chorus -> Overdrive -> Delay

But it's all personal preference. Some people tell you to always put the wah before the overdrive, some will tell you never to put the wah before the overdrive. It's all just personal preference. Here's a prior discussion:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82519

i agree. go wah, chorus, overdrive, delay. atleast that's what i'd do. if something else is more comfortaable to you, do it.
  • Bump
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...