Options

bass advice

elusive_oneelusive_one Posts: 117
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've been playing bass since Feb this year (around the time PJ toured here... coincidence? I think not... hehe)... tho I've played guitar since I was 14, but off and on over the last few years... so the transition wasn't too hard, but there's still a huge difference between the 2 (obviously... hehe). Anyways, been playing in a band (see below) also since about Feb-ish and I know I've improved heaps, but I know that I still have a lot of guitar habits that I've crossed over into bass playing.

I know there's a few bass players around here, so I was wondering if there's any tips you guys have for me or ideas on how I can improve my playing w/out me having to go get lessons. Or are there any good websites that have pointers? Any site I've checked out for bass hints have either been confusing or insulting. That's why I prefer to ask ppl.
"...to love some silly piece of music... or some band so much that it hurts"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dan_alivedan_alive Posts: 123
    This was a neverending dilemna for me... to get lessons or teach myself?

If you find the right instructor it really helps... Personally I know I have a long way to getting the best out of my playing, but what the guitar course did for me was show me what and how much practice I gotta put in and HOW i can do it. I may not get to it now, but even a year or so down the track i can get into it.

Anyway... what I'm saying is, don't put the whole "lessons" thing out of your head for any reason except money.

Unless there's a good resource out there in books etc, just spend time in your bedroom playing and coming up with good bass lines... slowly increase the difficultly level.

Pity I'm not a bass player :P

good luck
    dan
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    "It is I, with the empty bladder!"

www.nowalletevolution.com