Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde OD/DS pedal

dan_alivedan_alive Posts: 123
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi gearheads,
Been a while since this place has been up and running

Has anyone played through the Jekyll and Hyde overdrive pedal? I'm waiting for my box to be shipped from the U.S and am hoping you guys and girls have got opinions/advice on the use of this pedal...

I played it at a music shop around Melbourne and it sounded pretty good for a cheapish pedal...

Catchyas
Dan.
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
"It is I, with the empty bladder!"

www.nowalletevolution.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The other guitarist in my band has that pedal and he plays it through a fender vibrolux. Sounds pretty awesome I think. Two good pedals in one. Has a real nice transparent overdrive and some pretty high gain distortion too. Definitely enough gain if you're into Pearl Jam. Distortion sounds even better through some humbuckers. You can get the perfect Angus Young tone. It's also very versatile with lots of different sounds depending on how you turn the knobs. However, I do think it depends on your amp because I like the sound my guitarist gets through his amp, but I didn't like it as much through my Peavey Classic 50.
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:

Yeah I've read the reviews and they sound promising. Although I did try it through the same amp I own at the store (Fender Hot Rod Deluxe), I'm hoping it gives my sound a little kick, the Hot Rod drive channel is lacking that beef.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    "It is I, with the empty bladder!"

www.nowalletevolution.com
  • i love my J&H pedal. i use it to accent my amp distortions and it gives them a bit of a kick. i also get a good strokes-like tone with a clean channel. it also sounds awesome with my rotosphere on a slow setting. its very versatile. when i got mine i spent an hour so so just playing with different knob settings and liked so many of the combinations so much that i had to write the settings down on a post it note. i think you'll like it quite well.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."