Just played a Schecter PT - dissappointed

Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey all
Been searching hi and low for a new standard PT after reading such good things about them (theyre very hard to find in Australia), and I must say I was really dissappointed... I found the neck really horrible... just felt wrong. Has anyone else found this? Maybe Im used to the polished LP neck I dunno... I must say Im shattered I was ready to buy it on the spot. Thinking about buying it anyway and changing the neck...
Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Yeah the fretboard radius is probably off to your liking I believe it's around 14" that's on the flat side, It's probably not to your style.

You should try a Telecaster It's probably a little rounder and more to your liking.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • triple ctriple c Posts: 35
    yes get a telecaster...if the neck on my tele was a girl, i would marry her now. yeah i said it.
  • I have a tele and a schecter pt,...and yes the necks on the pt's are complete crap,...i hate it,....i plan to replace it with a fender tele neck,....and if you're interested in that schecter-esque sound or a tele with humbuckers,....fender now makes a tele with dual humbuckers and they aren't half bad,...you can find them in the $500-$900 (US) range,...depends on if it's made in the US or in Mexico.....both are pretty decent
    Your head will collapse if there's nothing in it -Black Francis