Gig promotions

Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
My band has finally finished our EP... its taken ages but finally its done... anyways we're planing our EP launch and we're hoping to get as big a crowd as possible... anyone got any suggestions on gig promotion? Or how to make the night a gig to remember? (aside from kicking ass on stage)
Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by Lukin_oz
    My band has finally finished our EP... its taken ages but finally its done... anyways we're planing our EP launch and we're hoping to get as big a crowd as possible... anyone got any suggestions on gig promotion? Or how to make the night a gig to remember? (aside from kicking ass on stage)

buy beer for the first few folks that come see you/ double bonus if their girls/ that come in to see you, sell copies of your EP for a dollar/ kick ass on stage and make it a show. Play a few crowd favorites intertwined with your own stuff. People like to sing along, if you sound good it will give your own songs more cred and they'll want to check you out. Spend a lot of time beforehand making sure your sound is tight before anyone gets there and make sure you have a sound man listening to compensate when more people get inside.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • yielderyielder Posts: 160
    do you have a website?
    Greets Dave
    Antwerp -Belgium- Europe