Schecters

Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I know Ed played one a lot on the 2000 tour... but has how do they sound? Has anyone here got ant thoughts/opionions on them? The local guitar shop as a top of the line PT model reduced at the moment is all and Im trying to decide whether to get it.
Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• well I love schecters. Specifically I love eds black schecter pt,

Everyone here is gonna tell you they are great guitars for the price. But I will say this anyway. Lately I have been reading alot of bad stuff about the PT line. As far as quality goes.

They come with great tuners and pickups. I can say that.

do ALOT of research before you buy.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    i think it is an amazing guitar. fucking gorgeous. feels great, plays great, sounds amazing. the best sounding guita ive ever played.

the singer in my band has one, he doesnt do it justice. but when i plug that thing in, it fuckign wails. and clean, gorgeous...

i think its a great guitar...hands down the best ive played.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    I have a C1 plus, and I love it. I've played guitars that cost twice as much, and they don't look, feel or sound as good.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Schecters are very well made guitars whether you are talking about the American or the Korean guitars. Excellent design, Seymour Duncan or Duncan Designed P/U's tone pros bridges for excellent sustain and Grover tuning machines for excellent tuning stability not the el cheapo crappy vintage Klusons that Gibson uses on almost every guitar under $3,000 that everyone swaps out a anyway. 95 percent of them are perfect in the store which is way better than Fender or Gibson's track records.

I like them a lot, they make a pretty broad catalog with something for almost everyone.

http://www.schecterguitars.com
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    http://www.schecterguitars.com/Dprods.htm

Thats the link to the same model... its been reduced to about $500 US... Im gunna go in and have a play tonight.... but Im leaning towards getting it.

Sorry that link didnt work... go to past products and its the PT ELite
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • Are those prices real?

If they sound the way you guys are describing them and cost only that much then I might have to get one.
    And if hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    well the one eddie uses, and pete townshend, the one my singer purchased was custom made..for like 2300 bucks
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by 62strat
    well the one eddie uses, and pete townshend, the one my singer purchased was custom made..for like 2300 bucks

YOu can get the same ones used on Ebay for less than 1000. They are from the early 80's. All custom shop guitars are expensive. The diamond series Schecters at least those that I've picked up have all been outstanding value for the money.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.