Advice on band website

Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Just after some advice from anyone who is in a band who has a band website... I play in a small local act who are trying to establish ourselves... is setting up a website worthwhile? Do you find many people use it as a resource to find out about you? also how hard is it to create mp3 samples of songs on a website?
Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    We have a website. The design is shitty but the info is good. I think alot of people have been exposed to the website because of gigs we have played and business cards that we hand out. As far as how easy it is to create....I couldn't really tell you because my guitar player did it all....but I don't think its too difficult. Chances are that you probably know someone already who could do it for you. But yeah, bottom line is I think its good exposure for the band.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • It is definitely worthwhile. If you have any recordings its easy to link them to the site to get your music out there. A basic website should be a doddle to anyone with the right software. Alternatively if you know anyone who is familiar with html they should be able to get it up and running in no time. A great, cost effective way to get your band noticed, even if you aint that big a band
    www.myspace.com/dhmarks - Me

www.myspace.com/jackietreehornmusic - The Band
  • Survo-Survo- Posts: 72
    ok i can help here.

not to brag but im quit a good web master my self.

trained by the "lurkingfridge" ;-)

anyway...

dont use free services. dont. they are awful and limit what you can do.

use scripts such as php, asp, perl, python, VBscript or Java Script.

just.... dont use free services and dont use page builders. find some one who knows what they are doing.