Post your own signal flow

Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I know we all talk about our gear and what we all like and use, but as someone who has little knowledge of the use of more complex effects and effect racks, it'd be cool to see everyones own set up. heres mine (like I said very simple)

Fender 60's RI strat or Gibson LP
I
I
Boss Tuner
I
Cry Baby Wah
I
Boss DD3 Delay
I
I
Marshall tsl 602
clean--crunch--lead
(factory effects used)
Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    many guitars --> boss volume --> homemade A/B/C switch

A (acoustic) --> left side of line6 DL4 --> aphex exciter --> behringer rack compressor

B (electric) --> fuzz (one of many) --> modulation (one of many) --> gain (one of many) --> right side of line6 DL4 --> barber launch pad --> fender deluxe reverb reissue (w/ THD hotplate)

C (tuner) --> boss TU-2

my electric line consists of whatever i need to make the sound i want for whatever recording i'm working on. the DL4 and the barber are constant. everything changes based on the 15-20 pedals i have. 2 or 3 fuzzes. 5 gains, umpteen modulations, a couple wahs, an analog delay. this inventory is out of date:
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/guitar_pics/pedals.jpg
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    mexican tele or schecter C-1+ -->DOD "milk box" compressor --> morley volume --> crybaby --> TS7 tubescreamer --> phase 90 --> dan echo --> crate gx-60d

as soon as I move out of this apartment, the crate is gone.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • mojorison_75mojorison_75 Posts: 157
    MIM Strat or Epi LP into fender tuner(soon to be boss tu-2) - into DOD Yngwie OD - into Dunlop LE Crybaby - into Pro Co Rat - all running into the front of a Fender Hotrod Deluxe. Vesta Fire chorus running into the effects loop with some sort of Delay and Phaser forthcoming.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Guitars (usually Ibanez S470) --> Akai Shred-O-Matic --> Boss V-Wah --> Boss Compression/Sustainer --> Ibanez Soundtank Flanger --> Boss DS-1 Distortion --> Boss Chorus --> Boss Phase Shifter --> Boss DD5 --> Akai Intelliphase --> Boss GE7 Equalizer --> Akai Head Rush --> Either a Fender or a Prime amp.

I have a few pedals not currently being used: Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah, Boss Metal Zone, Boss Auto-Wah, etc.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    (Greg Snell custom built) GC Pedals, A+B box with tuner mute and kill switch- A) 87 Les Paul Studio. B) 1993 Peavy USA Predator.
    Barber Direct Drive
    Keeley Rat2
    Line 6 DL4 (inbetween AB switcher and amp so delays trail from the kill switch.
    2002 Orange AD 15/12

Currently swapped in and out. MXR (Block) Dynacomp modded by our own Telesonic used for fatness usually on the B side.

Unused- Danelectro Hash Browns Flanger- I get a better flange out of the Deluxe Memory Man model. I also almost coaxed a Univibe tone out of it last night. That modulation is fucking sweet.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    heres another fairly nice rig.

http://www.musictoyz.com/articles/franrig.php
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Fender Jazzmaster/Squier Strat (Jap) --> Dunlop JH-1 Hendrix Wah --> Marshall JH-1 Distortion --> Boss TR-2 Tremolo --> Hiwatt Studio/Stage MKII head --> Custom 2x12 Speaker Cabinet

I hope to turn this eventually into

Fender Jazzmaster/Squier Strat (Jap)/Tele?/Dot? --> Boss TU-2 Tuner --> Teese RMC-2 Wah --> Boss TR-2 Tremolo --> MXR Phase 90 --> Good Gain pedal --> Ibanez DE-7 Delay (?) --> Hiwatt Studio/Stage MKII head --> Better Custom Speaker Cabinet
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    62 amercian reissue strat- sunburst
    gibson sg special -wine red
    boss tu 2 tuner
    gcb 595 q wah
    boss cs 2 sustainer
    mxr phase 90
    ibanez ad9 (will be receiving it today and usin it tonight)
    ibanez sonic distortion
    ts7
    ibanez ts10x
    fender twin reverb II
    Originally posted by pariah

I hope to turn this eventually into

Fender Jazzmaster/Squier Strat (Jap)/Tele?/Dot? -->

dot!!!
    dot!!!
    dot!!!
    dot!!!
    dot!!!
    dot!!!
    dot!!!

:D
  • 1969 Gibson SG (Std) or 2004 Ibanez Artcore
    ABY switch......A) signal, B) Korg Tuner
    EH Smallstone phase shifter (Russian)
    Ibanez Tubescreamer
    EH Double Muff Fuzz
    DOD Stereo Flanger (USA)
    Boss DD-6 Delay
    1971 Ampeg VT-22 or 2004 Traynor YCV40 into Carvin Legacy 2x12 extension cab w/ Greenbacks
    Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference. I'm not trying to make a difference. I'll stop trying to make a difference. No way!
    hey, another double muff user. how do you like yours?
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    Guitars (Kramer Aerostar, Ibanez RG550, '76 Fender Mustang, '72 Fender Custom Tele (RI))
    > Jim Dunlop Wah
    >
    DOD Corrosion
    > Ibanez TS9
    >
    line6 MM4
    > Boss TU-2 Tuner
    >
    line6 DL4
    > Ernie Ball 6165 Stereo Volume/Pan
    > 1973 Fender Bassman 10 combo amp.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • C-minorC-minor Posts: 77
    Fender American Standard -Rosewood neck, sunburst
    Dunlop 535q wah
    MXR phase 90
    Boss Distortion
    Ibanez ts9 Tube Screamer
    Boss DD6 Digital Delay
    Fender 4x10 Hot Rod Deville

I just bought a Boss CS3 Compressor/Sustainer, and Ill be throwing that into the Mix

Im Just not sure where it should go. Ill play around with it when i get it.
    Any Suggestions Iam Open.
    This is the greatest band in the world
    -Ben Harper-MSG 1 2003 -7-8
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by C-minor
    Fender American Standard -Rosewood neck, sunburst
    Dunlop 535q wah
    MXR phase 90
    Boss Distortion
    Ibanez ts9 Tube Screamer
    Boss DD6 Digital Delay
    Fender 4x10 Hot Rod Deville

I just bought a Boss CS3 Compressor/Sustainer, and Ill be throwing that into the Mix

Im Just not sure where it should go. Ill play around with it when i get it.
    Any Suggestions Iam Open.

Between the wah and the phaser.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Originally posted by exhausted
    dot!!!
    dot!!!
    dot!!!
    dot!!!
    dot!!!
    dot!!!
    dot!!!

:D

hahaha

kinda odd to talk about the same subject with the same person on a different forum... jesus we're a 'modern generation' ;)
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    how much different volume can one get using a volume pedal? Is there much difference between the lowest level and highest level? Enough for switching from rythym to a boosted solo?
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
    Originally posted by Lukin_oz
    how much different volume can one get using a volume pedal? Is there much difference between the lowest level and highest level? Enough for switching from rythym to a boosted solo?

A passive volume pedal goes from all the way on to all the way off. It doesn't provide any boost function, it's basically putting the volume knob from the guitar into a foot pedal.
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    A passive volume pedal goes from all the way on to all the way off. It doesn't provide any boost function, it's basically putting the volume knob from the guitar into a foot pedal.

Matt Farrow (pharaoh amps) used to custom build his class a volume booster into a wah pedal treadle. Pretty cool.

used to be at http://www.pharaohamps.com
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    Matt Farrow (pharaoh amps) used to custom build his class a volume booster into a wah pedal treadle. Pretty cool.

That would be pretty sweet...