wierd delay / loop type pedal

Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
edited July 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I saw j mascis solo a week or 2 ago and he was playing an acoustic through a pedal. using this pedal he would play a chord progression, then have it played back in a lopp whilst he played the lead riff over it... anyone know what type of pedal this is? Are they hard to use? also can anyone give me any info on the quality of US strats in comparison to Mex strats? I recently got a good deal on a mex 60's re-issue and really like it, but just wanted to know where it stood in comparison to the US models and others guitars in general... cheers
Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    was it a big green pedal? if it was it was this:

http://www.music123.com/Line-6-DL4-i21953.music

a couple of us here have them and they are easy to use. besides all the delays, it's got a 14 second sampler.

or it could have been this:
    http://www.music123.com/Boss-DD20-Giga-Delay-i96282.music

or this:
    http://www.music123.com/Boss-RC20-Loop-Station-i11877.music

but i haven't used either of them.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    probably a DL-4 because it was green, but a lot of guys are using boomerangs too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Its not a pedal but I prefer the Lexicon JamMan. Mines is racked with a DL-6 and a L6 Bass Pro.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by puremagic
    Its not a pedal but I prefer the Lexicon JamMan. Mines is racked with a DL-6 and a L6 Bass Pro.

Ah lexicon nice. so many pedals get discussed here we completely forget about rack stuff.

Alesis has some really nice delay/reverb stuff as well.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    sorry, didnt see what colour it was... he seemed to be able to adjust the speed of the loop with the twist of a few knobs though... nice effect, think im gunna have to get me one... also any info on the mex strats?
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
  • goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    more than likely he was using a foot controler for something programmed. He did that on a solo tour a couple of years ago. Just basically a pre-recorded track to fill in during his lead work. Most non-organic players are doing this now. Some call it cheating, others like the technology. Also I have 2 mex strats & in some ways like them better than the US. First you aren't as afraid to experiment with it, & they have a slighty more dullness to their tone that is unique to them. Just make sure the hardware is up to par, they seem to be thrown together sometimes.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen