Gigging guitars/backup guitars/home guitars

Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Just wondering if anyone has specific guitars for home, gigs or as back ups... at the moment I have a Les Paul and Strat that Im gigging with, none really as a back up I just swap over according to what sound im going for. Thing is the Strat is getting knocked around a bit and the better guitar of the 2. Does anyone else here, have a set guitar for gigs, but an extra special guitar just for playing at home or recording with?
Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• My personal collection has rotating duties...

My #1 guitar is a Fender Telecaster Deluxe with Fralin P-90's. It's the one I play when I only need electric. If I need acoustic tones, I'll use my Variax. If I'm playing punk or metal or goofing around, I'll use my Explorer. If I'm looking for something really odd, I'll use my Danelectro.

But, if I was in a gigging band right now, I'd use my Tele first and have the Explorer as a back-up.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • I have a fender USA Reissue Jazzmaster, thats my main one and a cheap Squire Tele and an Epiphone SG. I used to take the tele to gigs as a back up but after playing a gig with David Kolker last month

http://www.davidkolker.com

I use nothing but my Jazzmaster coz I want it to get as worn and beat up as his gorgeous 57 strat.

i cant wait until the finish starts to crack.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    when i used to play shows i gigged with my two acoustics (one 6 and one 12) and my telecaster if it was a venue when i could be a bit louder. sometimes i took my rickenbacker 12 too.

i have never broken a string in my life.

in my short lived band days, i just grabbed whichever two electrics where my favourite at the time.