mxr pedals

Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
i know mikey uses an mxr phaser, but has anyone here had a play with any of there other pedals? in particular the distortion and zak wilde oversdrive? ANy thoughts or opinions?
Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by Lukin_oz
    i know mikey uses an mxr phaser, but has anyone here had a play with any of there other pedals? in particular the distortion and zak wilde oversdrive? ANy thoughts or opinions?

I have a dyna comp. It's a great guitar compressor.

The distortion+ is a great AC/DC type distortion, very crunchy like the JCM 800.

The older stuff is better than the newer Jim Dunlop owned stuff but not as much as you'd think given the price.

The MXR Flanger (grey box) is what Eddie Van Halen used for the jet type sounds on Van Halens early albums.

There are literally hundreds of copies of MXR pedals out there attempting to fix one problem or another or the "this pedal is awesome it'd be even better if it could do this" type of thing.

To answer you though, yeah MXR kicks ass.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I have both the Phase 90 and the DynaComp, and I love both. The only bitch I have about the Phaser is that it tends to overdrive just a bit, which is cool sometimes but annoying at other times. The DynaComp is the best pedal compressor under $200, in my opinion.

I know a few people who use the Distortion+ who love it to death. One of our peers here just got one:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79553

Say nothing else, the damn things are built tough.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • C-minorC-minor Posts: 77
    Yes, i just recently got the Distortion + and i like the tone from this pedal alot.
    Its a great distortion pedal.
    This is the greatest band in the world
    -Ben Harper-MSG 1 2003 -7-8