What you guys think? Good deal?

Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Looking for some advice from anyone who has an opinion... Ive always wanted to take the plunge and get my self an all original guitar. Any one have any thoughts on this baby? Or advice in what to look for when buying?
It equals about $1500 US i think

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Vintage-1965-Fender-Mustang-in-Immaculate-Condition_W0QQitemZ140011513657QQihZ004QQcategoryZ33039QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the price seems really high for a mustang, vintage as it is.

but i'm not much of an expert.
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    I guess it all comes down to taste, but if I really wanted a vintage guitar, I'd definitly not go for a Mustang...
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I think it's a bit too high but with the market going to borderline insanity, it might not be a bad move.

I just remember seeing original Mustangs in the 5 to 900 dollar range maybe 2 years ago.

But that was in the states, in Oz, that's probably a nice price considering. It may well appreciate.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    If the refinish doesn't bother you then go for it.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I dunno man. That seems kinda high for a refin. If I wanted old Fender wood, I'd look for a Jazzmaster or a Jaguar personally. :)

So many cool fiddles in your price range!
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    You're paying premium for that guitar because it was made in 1965. You could probably get a way better new guitar for much less of a price. For that much there, you could probably buy 2 or 3 guitars.

I say it's not worth it just because it's 'vintage'.