Nothing As It Seems effects

Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
edited May 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Sorry if this has been asked before, I didnt have much luck searching.
Just wondering if anyone has effects tips for playing NAIS, in particular the solo and interlude bits, aiming for a sound like Mike gets on the Seattle 2, 00 bootleg.
Is it a combination of delay and the fender blender? Any wah or way of doing it without the blender? Any help in nailing this masterpiece would be awesome
Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    it's the flender and i have not heard mike sound that good on NAIS since 2000, which i believe was the last time he used it.
  • If you're looking to mimic the mighty flender get yourself some sort of octave effect and heavvvy fuzz,... Add in some delay,... maybe a rotosphere, univibe, or chorus...
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    I bought the Flender off Monster78 back in 2006, off here and just for that song. If you can't get that, get a HEAVY fuzz and an octave, as already stated Drench it with delay and reverb. Add a vibe effect(I use the rotovibe) and maybe some flange. If you want a live sound, it' MUCH easier. Use a tube screamer or some kinda of heavy distortion (but not fuzz) added with a vibe, delay, reverb, and towards the end, some flange(Stone loves his flange). I've played this song Many-a-times throughout the past two years at small shows.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • kitfookitfoo Posts: 125
    I know he uses the Line 6 DL-4 nowadays for his delay. Pretty easy to get the same effects he uses from it.
    kitfoo wrote:
    I know he uses the Line 6 DL-4 nowadays for his delay. Pretty easy to get the same effects he uses from it.
    Also the BOSS DM(some analogue delay)
  • Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    So if one owns the fender blender that does the whole NAIS sound?
    The fuzz, the echo, the delay?
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
    Lukin_oz wrote:
    So if one owns the fender blender that does the whole NAIS sound?
    The fuzz, the echo, the delay?
    Nope. I thought it did but it didn't. It just covers the distortion...and even when you have it, it's very tricky to get the right sound. Binaural was recorded weird so it's next to impossible to get the EXACT sound.